𝟑𝟗

𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐉𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐲, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟎

"Clearly, you two weren't actually born here, right?" Tony said as he looked at the super-soldiers. The three of them walked through Camp Leigh Army Base.

"The idea of us was." Steve replied.

"Right. Well, imagine you're S.H.I.E.L.D, running a quasi-fascistic intelligence organisation. Where do you hide it?"

"In plain sight." Thomas said as he nodded his head to a building in front of them. Two men were standing outside a run down building. Tony tapped the side of his glasses and saw that there was a hidden lift inside.

The three were standing in the lift with another lady and as she was about to look up to the two super-soldiers Tony moved so he blocked her view. The lift came to a stop meaning that Tony had to get out.

"Good luck on your mission, Captain. Sergeant." Tony said as he stepped out.

"Good luck on your project, doctor." Steve said as he stumbled over his words and the doors of the lift closed.

"You're new here?" The lady asked.

"Not exactly." Thomas mumbled.

The two soldiers made their way out of the lift and into a spare room.

"Who's calling him?" Thomas asked as he picked up his phone.

"I don't wanna do it." Steve said as he backed away.

"Well I don't want to do it either."

"You know i'm not good with talking to people."

"You're Captain America for fucks sake."

"Doesn't mean I don't get stage fright."

"You're going to be talking over the phone. I hardly doubt thats stage fright."

"I'm still not doing it."

"You are literally the star-spangled man with a plan."

"Still not doing it."

"Fine." Thomas huffed as he dialled Hank Pyms number. "You're lucky I'm you're friend."

"Yeah, yeah. What ever." Steve shrugged as he gave Thomas a smile.

"Hello. Dr. Pym?" Thomas asked once the phone had stopped ringing and someone had picked up.

"That would be the number that you called. Yes." Pym answered.

"This is Captain Stevens from shipping. We have a package for you." Thomas said as he looked at Steve with a smirk.

"You had to use my name, didn't you." Steve whispered making Thomas shrug.

"Bring it up."

"Well, that's the thing, sir. We can't."

"I'm confused. I thought that was your job."

"Well, it's just– Sir, the box is glowing and, to be honest, some of our mail guys aren't feeling that great."

"They didn't open it, did they?"

"Yeah, they did. You better get down here."

Hank ended the phone call and sprinted out of his lab. Thomas opened the door and looked up and down the hall way before ushering Steve to follow him into the lab.

The two looked around the lab trying to find the Pym particles. As they walked further into the lab Steve spotted them and took four of them before the two quickly left the lab.