𝟒𝟎

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐀𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 walked up to Thanos who was patiently waiting for them. The Titan watched as they gradually got closer, a smirk forming on his face.

"You could not live with your own failure." Thanos smirked. "And where did that bring you? Back to me."

The four didn't respond but they kept moving closer. They stopped a couple of yards away from the Titan who continued to speak.

"I thought by eliminating half of life, the other half would thrive. But you've shown me that's impossible. And as long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist."

"Yep. We're all kinds of stubborn." Tony shot back.

"I'm thankful. Because now, I know what I must do." Thanos stood up. "I will shred this universe down to its last atom." He placed his helmet on his head. "And then– With the stones you've collected for me, create a new one. Teeming with life, but knows not what it has lost but only what it has been given. A grateful universe."

Thor prepared himself to fight the Titan as he raised Mjölnir and Stormbreaker, charging them with electricity. Thomas took out both his katanas from his scabbard. Steve tightened his grip on his shield and Tony got into a fighting stance.

"Born out of blood." Steve said.

"They'll never know it." Thanos replied as he got into a stance to take on the four Avengers. "Because you won't be alive to tell them."

Thor shouted as he ran towards Thanos with his hammers. Tony jumped up and created a blade with his arm, bringing it down onto the Titan. Thanos blocked the attack and Steve threw his shield only for it to be smacked away. The titan dodged Thomas' attacks, deflecting hits from his katanas.

Thanos kicked Thor aside and he slammed his blade down onto Steves shield, the sheer force nocking the super-soldier over. Thomas attacked the titan again, he ran and slid between Thanos' legs and appeared behind him.

Thomas got to his feet and sank both of this katanas into Thanos' back, just like he did in Wakanda, causing Thanos to fall to his knees. The super-soldier grunted as he used all his strength to push the blades further down. However, Thomas wasn't so lucky, the Titan managed to reach behind him and he grabbed ahold of Thomas' foot.

Pulling Thomas from his back, the Titan grunted as he stood back up. Thomas dangled upside down in front of Thanos, trying to get out of his hold.

"Hello." Thomas said.

"The human kind, what a waste." Thanos huffed as he threw Thomas away making his back hit a near by rock. Thomas gasped, feeling all the air being knocked from his lungs.

The Titan stalked his way over to Thomas as he pulled the katanas from his back. Tony landed behind Thanos and got his attention.

"Okay, Thor. Hit me." Tony said.

Thor bellowed as lightning shot down toward him and charged his weapons. He shot the energy towards Tony's back. Tony's suit sucked up the energy and he shot it out using his hands and his body.

Thanos twirled his blade to divert the energy. Thor grabsbed Stormbreaker and used it to bat Mjölnir to hit Thanos. The Titan grabbed Tony and used him as a shield. Tony took the impact which flung him several hundred feet away, leaving him unconscious.

Thor engaged with the mad Titan. Thanos blocked Strombreaker with his sword. By throwing the blade away, Thor disarmed Thanos. As he fought Thor, Thanos grabbed his neck and headbutted him a few times. He punched Thor with brute force, which led Thor to drop Strombreaker. Thanos then threw him into a rock, like Thomas, as he continued to hit him.