𝟔

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐧 was walking down the streets of London with his shopping in hand making his way home, humming under his breath softly.

It was another regular Sunday for him, the sun was setting over the buildings and the sounds of cars driving past going unnoticed by him because of the music that blasted in his ears.

He made his way up the stairs to his apartment still humming to the song he was listening to. Grabbing the keys from his pocket he opened his front door.

He placed his shopping bags on his kitchen counter going to open the fridge when he heard someone clear their throat.

"I was wondering when you'd get home." The voice of Nick Fury came from a seat by Thomas's kitchen table.

"So you just break into people's houses now?" Thomas asked as he began putting away the food he bought. "Why are you here?"

"There is a problem, A man called Loki has taken a valuable object from S.H.E.I.L.D called the Tesseract."

"Hold up, you had the Tesseract?" Thomas asked.

"Yes and I need your help to get it back. Tom this is serious if we don't get the Tesseract back the world could be in a huge amount of danger."

"Woah we're on first name basis now?" Thomas joked but stopped when he saw the face of Fury. "Sorry, um who else is in this so called 'group'?"

"Tony Stark, Clint Barton, Bruce Banner, Natasha Romanoff and finally your old pal Steve Rogers." Thomas stood there frozen for a minute he hadn't seen his Steve in ages.

"Really? Steve has joined your group?" Thomas questioned.

"Well, I'm going to speak to him now if you want to come."

"Hell yeah!" Thomas yelled filled with joy as he ran around his apartment getting a bag ready for the journey.

"Wait Nick promise me one thing?"

"Depends on what it is."

"Can we get KFC." Nick smiled.

"I'll see what I can do, but for now read over this." Nick slide over a manilla folder. "It's got all the information about the Tesseract on it."

"I know what it does. I was there when it was in the hands of HYDRA."

"Alright then, lets go get Steve."

"Trouble sleeping?" Nick asked Steve who was punching a bag, easily a hundred pounds, across the room with one swing snapping the metal chain and pummelling it back a dozen feet.

"I slept for seventy years, sir. I think I've had my fill."

"Yeah but you could never have to much sleep." Thomas said as he made his way beside Nick.

"Thomas?" Steve asked as he looked over to his old friend.

"Hey Stevie."

"Oh my god." Steve ran over to Thomas and gave him a brotherly hug. "Where have you been?"

"I've been back in England."

"Changed much?"

"Yeah, a lot." Thomas sighed.

"Right, now you've had your reunion lets talk business."

"We've made some mistakes along the way. Some very recently." Nick said.

"You here with a mission, sir?" Steve asked.

"I am."

"Trying to get me back in the world?"