𝟑𝟖

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐬𝐚𝐭 in a room where a hologram displayed the six infinity stones.

"Okay, so the 'how' works." Steve began as he stood at the front. "Now we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost all of us has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones."

"Well I'd substitute the word encounter for damn well near been killed by one of the six Infinity Stones." Tony said as he stood next to Steve.

"I haven't, I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about" Scott said.

"Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round trip each, and these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history." Bruce explained.

"Our history. So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in." Tony said.

"Which means we have to pick our targets." Thomas pointed out.

"Correct."

"Let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?" Steve said as he looked towards the God who was sitting in the corner of the room. Everyone turned to him waiting for him to talk however after a few seconds he didn't respond.

"Is he asleep?" Natasha asked.

"No, I'm pretty sure he's dead." Rhodey replied.

Thor had finally woken up and he took a moment to collect himself before he walked to the hologram and explained the Reality Stone.

"Where to start? Umm... The Aether, first, is not a stone, someone called it a stone before. It's more of a... an angry sludge thing, so... someones gonna need to amend that."

"This is going to take a looooong time." Thomas whispered to Natasha who was sitting beside him.

"Here's an interesting story though, many years ago... My grandfather had to hide the stones from the Dark Elves..." Thor said as he wiggles his fingers to imitate a spooky ghost. "Wooooh, scary beings. So Jane," An image of Jane Foster pops up on the screen. "Oh, there she is. That's Jane... She's... an old flame of mine..."

"A very, very long time." Thomas muttered again earning a elbow to his side from Natasha. "Ow, that hurt."

"No, shit. It was meant to." Natasha replied with a smirk before turning her attention back to Thor whilst Thomas rubbed his side.

"She... she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time... and then the Aether stuck itself inside her... And, she became very, very sick. So I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from. And we had to try and fix her. We were dating at the time, you see. I got to introduce her to my Mother... who's dead." Thor starts to look broken, and seems on the verge of tears. "And oh you know, Jane and I aren't even dating anymore, these things happen though you know, nothing last forever,"

Tony walked over to Thor and started to push him back to his chair. "I'm not done yet, the only thing permanent in life is impermanence."

"Awesome. Eggs? Breakfast?"

"I'd like a Bloody Mary, thank you."

The team moved and they were all sitting around a table, eating a meal, and Rocket is pacing on the table in front of everyone.

"Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag." Rocket said as he started to talk about the next stone.

"Is that a person?" Scott asked as he chewed his food.

"Morag's a planet. Quill was a person."

"A planet? Like in outer space?"

"Oh, look. It's like a little puppy, all happy and everything." Rocket said imitating talking to a puppy and patting Scott on the head. "Do you wanna go to space? You wanna go to space, puppy? I'll get you to space."