D-3

Kim Sunoo's POV

Arriving at the ice rink first thing in the morning, I reminisced my favorite moments I had with him in the past. Meeting that unknown person who turned out to be Hoon, one of his wins as a figure skater, the polaroid picture. Him.

"Sun?" Sunghoon looked back at me, bringing me back to my senses.

"Do you want to try skating today? I can teach you." He softly says as he was already putting on his skates.

"Can I? I might hit my head." I looked at the wide ice rink in front of us and had flashbacks on head injuries. I don't want to end up like my sister, oh my.

I heard him chuckle, interrupting my thoughts.

"You worry too much, hm? You are literally with a famous figure skater!" Oh, now he is starting to sound boastful.

"Yah! You being a figure skater will not pay for my hospital bills when I do hit my head, idiot!" I jokingly hit his arm.

"My point is—"

"Yeah, alright, alright, I'm coming!" I cut him off as he smiled widely. He handed me a different type of skates and guided me in putting them on.

I got to admit, this is not my first time on the rink. I'm sure I have been here when I was much younger with my sister.

"Woops!"

"Ahh!"

"Just hold my hand!"

"You're taking this chance for me to hold your hand, aren't you?!"

"If you don't want my guide, then fall! You chose that Kim Sunoo."

"No, Asshole! Stop teasing me, I might die!"

The quiet ice rink was suddenly filled with our voices and laughter, mostly mine. As I finally reached the middle of the rink, he released me and taught me tricks into not falling.

"Just do this with your feet, okay? You'll be fine!" Sunghoon demonstrated as I watched his feet.

"I'm gonna fall! Don't let go..." I whispered my last words as he tightened his grip on my hand.

"Yah...are you sure you're not doing this just to hold my hand?" He teased me again.

"I hate you." I rolled my eyes at him and lightly pushed him—but I did not let go.

"I should go back now. You might miss enjoying the whole rink if you will hold me the whole time." I decided.

"But you're my whole purpose why I went here." He seriously answered as if it was an obvious answer.

As soon as I arrived by the entrance of the rink, I walked out and changed out of my skates. I waited for him by the side as I watched him do exhibitions, basically showing off. Well, he does great on what he loves, and he looked happy on the rink. I wonder how my sister feels every single time she watched Hoon in the past. 

"What's on your mind?"

I blinked my eyes to see that Hoon's right in front of me, still on the rink.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I saw that you had your eyes somewhere else, love." He replied.

"Excuse me?" My eyes widened at the endearment.

"There, better. I now have your attention, hm?" He laughed before cupping my cheeks in between his palms. "Now, what's the matter?"

"Nothing." I shook my head out of his grasp before smiling. "I just remembered my sister." I answered genuinely.

He made an 'o' face, finally knowing my thoughts.

"You want bingsu?" He suddenly raises.

"They sell them around here?" I excitedly jumped as he laughed.

"Well, you do not need to pay, though. Here, watch me."

He slid far from me before running and gliding sideways. With that, shaves of ice suddenly came raining on my area.

"You're showing off again!" I laughed at him.

"You said you wanted bingsu!" He sarcastically said.

I watched how his eyes disappeared because of smiling too much. He looked perfect in the ice, it was as if he was born to be on ice, shining and performing.

After a few minutes, Hoon finally decides to get out of the rink.

"You alright?" He asks, holding onto my waist as he escorted me out the place.

Instead of speaking, I only replied with a nod, humming a 'yes.' I do not know why but my mood has suddenly dropped. I feel drained out of the blue. Sure, being with him feels great, but I guess it will not always be the same. Is it because of the thought of him leaving soon? The thought of celebrating my birthday without him?

"You had fun?" He asks again.

"Yeah." I breathed.

"It's good that you didn't fall, hm?" He smiled.

"But I did." I answered, too fast that I slightly regretted not thinking through it. But somehow, it felt right. 

It was the moment I was unconsciously preparing for.

I watched how Hoon's whole body shifted on me after my response.

"What? Did you get hurt somewhere?" He proceeds to check my elbows and palms as if he was searching for a bruise.

"Idiot." I said under my breath and scoffed.

"I mean, to you. I-I think I-"

I was cut off when he suddenly pulled me by my elbows, crashing our lips together. We stayed there for a while before finally pulling away.

"I-I'm sorry." Hoon apologized and avoided my eyes. 

I giggled at his reaction. What is he saying sorry for?

"Look, I am not sure if I misinterpreted what you meant, but please be a bit direct for me? I hate it when you keep me guessing, my mallows." He looked at me right in the eyes as he held on my shoulders.

"I love you." I directly said. No hesitations, no regrets.

"I- what-?" He shook his head and spoke in between breaths.

"What?"

"Can you say that again for me? I don't think I heard it well." He added.

"I'm not saying that again, Mr. Park. You missed the opportunity!" I playfully said before burying my face on his chest.

"Ey, alright, alright. I love you too. So much more." He finally surrenders and pats my head, hugging me on his chest.

"Do you really?" I looked up and met his eyes.

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Why are you leaving, then?" 

"My mallows, didn't I tell you to not worry about the future just yet? Hm? I am still here yet you like to push me away..." He spoke in pout as I looked away.

"Fine. I won't talk about it then." I forced a smile, hugging him tighter because I know in just a blink, I won't be able to do the same for a long time again.

"Just trust me, okay?"

I do. I always did.