Almost

Park Sunghoon's POV

I touched my lips, reminiscing Sunoo's kiss from that night at the club.

The kiss felt like nothing- no sparks, no butterflies, unlike the first time we did.

He didn't mean it. He was drunk. But how I wished he did, even just the slightest bit.

"Why?" I questioned, unsure of his intentions after kissing that other guy in front of me the same night.

It has been a week since it happened. I shouldn't be bothered by it now, but why?

After helping and bringing him to my unit, cleaning and dressing him up when he puked, lying on the farthest end of the bed to not make him uncomfortable, the door was again slammed before me.

He looked at me as if he didn't know me, as if he didn't love me, when I thought that would be our chance in making and clarifying things up.

I didn't see even a pinch of gratitude from his eyes. It was just like an empty void, waiting for it to be filled with love and joy.

He hates me, doesn't he?

My train of thoughts was halted when a message arrived.

"Baby?"

It was from Love.

"Sunoo's not around, Vy. You can drop that."

I replied back. I let out a sigh before crashing my back on the bed, lying down, my eyes on the ceiling.

Ever since that morning, I haven't seen him anymore.

There were times that we would open our doors at the same time, but he would just hurry and go back in.

He's avoiding me.

I felt my eyes water at the thought of him hating me.

I thought that maybe this was our time, but it looks like time will win over us again, my mallows.

At that thought, I heard my door bell ring.

"Coming!" I said before getting up to attend to whoever that is.

As soon as I opened the door, I was too stunned to speak at the sight.

It was Sunoo.

He was just standing there, holding a plastic bag. He then extended his hands, handing it to me without saying a word.

What caught my attention was his hair. He dyed it to Pink. He could've looked better with a smile on his face, though.

I observed him for a moment before speaking, taking my time to look at someone so beautiful, so precious.

Aside from that major change, I noticed how his eyes looked like they were fresh from crying. He looked thinner than the last time I saw him, too.

I didn't notice that I was looking for too long when he nudged me.

"Your shirt. From last time." He coldly said, almost shoving the plastic with my folded shirt, to my chest.

"Sun," I spoke, not even looking at the shirt right in front of me, but instead, I looked at his eyes that were clearly avoiding me.

"Sun. Sunoo-" I held his hand instead of the plastic.

"Let go of me." His voice had no more strength or any more anger just like how he spoke to me the last time.

He sounded tired.

He didn't try withdrawing from my grasp.

It felt like there was a battle between his heart and his brain. The latter telling him to stop me, while the other wants it.

"I said let go, Sung-"

I cut his words off before pulling his hand, our bodies crashing into a tight hug.

I held on to his waist to hug him even tighter— still enough for Sunoo to breathe. I felt that he was slightly pushing me away, but he soon gave up.

"How long?" I muttered, still not breaking away from the hug.

I felt his hand snake behind my back to my shoulders, probably trying to break it off again.

"How long, Sun?" I asked again. He then let out a confused hum.

"How long do you want to suffer, hm?" I asked. I felt himself relax in my embrace.

"I don't know." I felt his chest vibrate as he spoke. He sounded like he was on the verge of crying.

"Let go of me. You have a girlfriend, yet you-"

"Hoon?" A soft voice called.

"Love?" I looked up to see it was her. My grasp around Sunoo loosened at the sight of her.

What a great fucking timing.

I looked back at Sunoo who is now looking down. I saw him purse his lips and shrugged.

"Fuck, Sun, you don't understand-" I panicked as I tried to stop him, but then he just dropped the bag he was holding then continued walking away.

Just like that, I felt my heart breaking into pieces again. Seeing him turn his back on me brought me back to the night I decided to leave.

I remember watching him walk away, and the same night, I made a promise to myself,

"I'll be back."

When I thought of those words, I did not mean to merely go back to my country, but to go back for him. To love him.

"Hey,..." I looked at Love's eyes, only to find confusion.

"Please leave." I let out a sigh as I tried to stop my tears from falling.

I picked up the shirt Sunoo returned and went in, completely ignoring the girl who ruined the moment I have been waiting for.