Scared

Kim Sunoo's POV

Startled by the wet, cold surface that touched my cheek, my eyes shot open, waking up from a nap.

"Stop that." He chuckled as I furrowed my eyebrows at him, accepting the cup of ice cream he offered.

I smiled at the mint choco flavor.

It has been five days since Jake hyung has been confined. So far, he is getting better after he was transferred to a private room.

"You should go home, I'll take your place for now." He softly said as he removed the pillow from the small couch and sat on that space beside me.

The others are out since they had to attend to their personal matters. We decided to take place into guarding hyung, but right now, I am the only one available. I thought I was.

"I can stay, shouldn't you go home?" I asked him as if he should be somewhere else.

"Why? You're where I shou-"

"Can you cut that out? You're literally sticking around me ever since we arrived at the hospital." I explained, already feeling quite annoyed for not having a second to myself.

"Oh." He stopped.

I saw his face drop, his lips turning into a frown. Oh my gosh, I shouldn't have said that, right?

"Fine. But someone is coming, yeah? So please don't get too close. He's going to tease me." I rolled my eyes before scooting a little farther and ate the ice cream he gave.

He stayed quiet after what I said. He probably felt that I was truly annoyed.

After a few moments, the door clicked loudly. It didn't wake Jake up though, but my visitor has finally arrived.

"Sunoo Kim!!" He quietly squealed after peeking at the person sleeping soundly on the hospital bed.

"Yah, Sangwon!" I loudly whispered as soon as he came.

"Oh-?" His eyes met with Hoon's and looked back at me again.

Ah, there he goes.

I was already used to this guy teasing me non-stop. He was like that during college.

He is someone I am really thankful for as he was there with me when Hoon was gone, he was there when everyone wasn't. Though that given fact, he does still passionately annoys me at times. Times like this.

"So..." He started. I furrowed my eyebrows at him, anticipating his words.

"Park Sunghoon?" Sangwon asked, sounding as if he was interrogating him.

"THE figure skater?" He added with emphasis, not even giving Sunghoon the chance to even nod.

"You both are close- oh, right." He realized.

After that incident at the club, after kissing him, he immediately knew. He was confused of course, but he went with the flow even though I ended up surrendering to my emotions and kissed Hoon eventually.

Thankfully, Sangwon did not bring that topic up. He may seem playful but he knows his boundaries. That's what I love about this man.

"Mm?" Our head turned towards Jake hyung's direction as soon as we heard him.

"Yah, you woke him up!" I lightly hit Sangwon.

"No, but, I am a big fan! I didn't get to talk to you properly and probably recognized you that one night, but I really was your fan!" Sangwon completely ignored what was happening and even held Sunghoon's hand.

As if it was a reflex action, I swatted Sangwon's hand, dropping Hoon's.

"Yah. U-Uh, you're startling him." I avoided eye contact when I felt Hoon's eyes on me.

Even I didn't know why I did that. Fuck.

"Eyy, fine, fine. I'm sorry!" He held his hands up, surrendering.

"A-Anyway, Jake hyung, do you need anything?" I diverted my attention to Jake, who just watched us quietly.

He chuckled, shaking his head.

I stood up and went to his side.

"Are you sure? Do you maybe need water?" I asked him again.

"Say yes." I whispered, not letting the other two hear.

"Uh, right. Yes, I need water." He complied immediately, making me smile.

"Perfect, I'll buy you one!" I said, already on my way to the exit.

They will probably think it's stupid to buy outside since there is a water dispenser in the room, but I had to do it. I am too embarrassed right now.

Park Sunghoon's POV

As soon as the door closed, it was only the three of us were left.

I caught Jake smiling and shaking his head at me.

What was that for?

"Oh, Sangwon?" Jake called.

"Oh, hyung! You're feeling better?" I saw him walk closer to Jake's bed.

"Yup, the doctor said I'll be discharged tomorrow. Just getting some more rest." Jake said, his hoarse voice filled with excitement.

With that statement, I curiously grabbed my phone to check the calendar.

Fuck.

It's only a week from now until I have to fly back to the States.

"Fuck," I unconsciously cursed loudly upon seeing the date of my departure.

It's exactly on Sunoo's birthday.

The two looked at me, concern evident in their eyes.

We just started yet why does it feel like we are already approaching the end?Even though the chances of earning his trust is still a blur, I am confident I have retrieved even just a little bit of his heart.

And I am scared that even that smallest bit will disappear, that that smallest hope of having him back will be taken away.

Again.