It was a melodic sound. One she hadn't heard recite such a kind tune since their very first year. It was familiar, reminding her of where she was and what it was she was doing. The girl's voice was something that Lyra knew could have become dear to her. Narcissa Malfoy was far from a malicious woman, being a victim to her family. Same as Regulus and Sirius to an extent. She had fallen into their trap further than her cousins, letting them form her into what she was.

"Lyra," her voice called once more, a cold hand resting on the girl's heated cheek, focusing her vision as Narcissa's kind face hovered above her, "Hey, you don't look well. You alright?"

"He always loved me," Lyra whispered, her voice a foreign sound as she looked up at the slightly taller girl, "Sirius."

"Oh, Lyra," Narcissa smiled, her smile something that Lyra never expected to find comfort in, "He's loved you since you were twelve. Come on; it's early; the med bay will be empty. Let's get you some tea."

The two walked in silence, the Potter regaining her composure and senses. She had wandered from the Gryffindor common room just as the sun hit the apex of the horizon, creating a warm glow across the dewy fields of Scotland. Lyra had been wearing a pair of Sirius's joggers and shirt, barefoot and crazed as she stumbled through the halls with her wand brandished in her hands. She couldn't fully remember where she was headed in such a dazed state, only the rabid beast that had broken free and overtaken her sensibility.

The one person to find her was someone she never spoke with, not after Lyra had embarrassed Bellatrix beyond words all those years ago. Narcissa and Lyra never quarrelled, seeing as the former mostly stayed quiet behind Lucius. The younger Potter twin felt a pang of guilt for the youngest Black daughter, understanding the feeling in a twisted way. Lyra resonated with the feeling of having no choice, having to play a role to survive.

"Now," Narcissa sighed as she handed the frazzled blonde a warm cup of tea from Madam Pomphrey, "I'll send for Sirius. Your brother will no doubt follow, meaning Remus would be next. I hope you're alright with a crowd."

"If it's them, it'll be alright."

"Be careful, Lyra," Narcissa added in before she departed, "I don't want to watch you disappear."

Lyra tilted her head to the side as the bleach blonde girl walked off, hands tucked elegantly behind her back. Narcissa was not the person Lyra would have pegged to be cryptic and warn her of oncoming danger, yet that was precisely what she had done. The two didn't fight but by were no means friends or even acquaintances. Perhaps there was more kindness within the Black family than Lyra had imagined initially or known.

-----

It was James who arrived first, jumper half on as he tore through the doors and rushed towards the farthest bed where his twin sat. The younger of the two was confused as to the frenzy he arrived in, wondering just what it was that Narcissa had said to whoever she sent. The tall brunette enveloped his shaken sister, cracking her back with the sheer force of his embrace. It appeared that whatever was said had made James believe that Lyra had been severely injured in a way. Though, according to Pomphrey, Lyra was lucky someone had found her.

"Pomphrey says you're suffering from deliriousness," James soughed, finally releasing his younger sister, "She says a surplus of stress or an overworking of the brain can cause it. It's worse when your brain is put under magical stress."

"Well, I'm fine," Lyra chuckled, placing her empty teacup to the side, "Just had a bit of a nightmare, that's all."

"You've gotta stay here for a few days," James elucidated, "She wants to monitor you. Minnie's writing up a letter to mum and dad about it."