🌓Chapter Eighteen🌓

"AIGHT I GOTTA GO-" I screeched, turning into a blur as I dashed around my room to grab my journal and a pencil, shoving both under my arm and flew out of my room at the speed of sound.

Ace stood there, slightly shell shocked.

After the shock disappeared, he remembered the way you felt in his arms.

And how complete he felt when you comforted him.

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.»──────»⁐̤ᕐᐶ«─────« .・゜゜・ ・゜゜・.

"What the hell did I just witness."

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.»──────»⁐̤ᕐᐶ«─────« .・゜゜・ ・゜゜・.

I was leaning on the crisp white wall of the hospital while sitting down in the Break Room.

I was currently recovering from the exhaustion from preforming heart valve replacement for someone who was just rushed in earlier in the day because of cardiac arrest.

"Ugh, I swear I told that person to stop smoking and eating a bunch of shit, but here we are. If people would like, listen to their doctors that would be so fucking great..."

I heard a grunt of agreement from the man next to me who happened to be both my mentor and someone who I have known for a long time.

Dr. Act.

Even though I had known him for years, neither me nor Hazel had ever known anything other than his first name, Act. He did tease us when we were both med students about guessing his middle name, or at the very least his last name, but even when we tried together, we could never guess.

Even when he told us that his last name started with a 'T', but he refused to tell us anything more.

Even so, he did keep telling us about his wife Dawn, who I had met a couple times considering she was a physician herself.

She also refused to tell us what their last name, which wasn't the only thing the two had in common.

They both would continuously gush about their daughter, who seemed way too insanely sweet from their words, and their son, but anytime I would ask about him, they would both turn melancholy and talk about how their son had a rare disease that his was unique from the town that they had moved from.

I believe it was called something like Bleached Disease, or was it Iron Disease?

Either way, by the way they would react to it, I would have to assume that the poor boy passed away before they moved here.

"I told you Violet, people go to specialists and then get pissed when they aren't given some miracle drug to fix them."

"I know, but it's so annoying! How much longer are all of our patients going to the play victim of smoking, even when we gave them multiple solutions to start stopping that isn't just cold turkey?! I'm getting sick of it, pun intended."

Act just chuckled and started running his glasses through some water to clean them, giving me a view of his spectacular silver eyes.

His eyes were like something out of this universe.