🌒 Chapter Twenty Five 🌒

~ ​˖⁺. ༶ ꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷ (=^‥^=) ꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷ ༶ ˖⁺.​ ~

Luffy quickly put me onto the infirmary bed before stating:

"Tiger Mask is hurt."

"Who?" Everyone in the room asked.

"Huh? I said they're hurt! But I don't see any bleeding..."

"Some bleeding is internal, Straw Hat-ya."

"Listen guys- this is all just a massive misunderstanding! I'm not that hurt!" I exclaimed, seeing that no one in the room necessarily believed me.

"(Y/n)-ya, I believe we need to talk."

~ ​˖⁺. ༶ ꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷ (=^‥^=) ꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷ ༶ ˖⁺.​ ~

"(Y/n), we need to talk." A voice boomed across the house although he was standing right in front of me, making me want to desperately cover my ears with my hands, although I did not.

With those four little words, I knew I messed up somehow.

"Y-Yes sir?" I asked, my voice trembling slightly as his tone of voice as my small feet smacked together, shoving my body stiff and straight.

"I told you to befriend anyone of higher status- and yet somehow you managed to find everyone below you. Care to explain?"

His voice was filled with venom- making my core tighten in worry as his pointed eyes glared into my heart.

"Th-They were nice to me! They-!"

"Silence! I do not want to hear your excuses!" he yelled once again, making my ears hurt from the volume, "They are just trying to use you for my status!"

I looked down at my feet, staring down at the kitchen tile while Father kept exploding in rage and hypocrisy, saying how I should have been able to tell who was in a position above me - as if people wore pins that said 'my dad's a lawyer'.

"Look at me when I'm lecturing you!"

"Y-Yes Fath-!"

I was suddenly looking to my right with wide eyes and a slackened jaw, the house being completely silent for a few seconds, leaving the ringing sound to bounce off the walls.

Stinging pain radiated from my cheek as deep, scarlet tears peaked out of the waterline of my now glassy (e/c) eyes.

My lip trembled as I brought my hand up to my face where there was now an inflamed hand print.

"Do NOT speak to me so casually! You will treat me with the respect I deserve!"

Respect...

What does that even mean anymore?

A large, red tear ran down my face, which I immediately tried to wipe away in fear that my father had seen.