🌒Chapter Seventeen🌒

I don't know what came over me at that moment.

Maybe it was the sympathy for the same feelings that we seemed to harbor in the dark depths of our minds.

Or maybe it was how they looked up at me with their watery eyes glistening in pain.

It almost broke my heart.

I wrapped my hand around they soft hair and gently cradled it into my neck and weaved my arm around the mid-back.

"Then will you be okay?"

I felt them start to lean onto me, and I felt that the tension that was occupying their body before start to evaporate, feeling them snuggle into the crook of my neck.

"Y-Yeah."

I sighed out of my nose in relief as their own arms wrapped around my torso, felt the soft caress of their soft breathes on my neck, giving me goosebumps.

"Good."

I started to pull away from them, but I felt a tug at my shirt.

"No..." they started, "stay. Please..."

I was a bit apprehensive at first, but remembering their face as they looked up at me with their eyes glistening, broken, came back into my mind as I felt them slump into my chest more.

'What is this feeling...?'

I huffed a breath out of my nose and held them slightly closer to my body.

"Fine."

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.»──────»ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐶ«─────« .・゜゜・ ・゜゜・.

I kept jumping.

Just, jumping.

I could hear Auntie Hazel's voice yelling to me from outside the house.

The hot house.

The burning house.

My hip was screaming in pain

It never got a chance to heal...

The pain in my hip exploded, and I had to clutch onto my blood stained pants, feeling the warm liquid stain my hand.

I started banging on the window in panic, feeling the heat from the fire start licking at my arms and back.

"Help!" I strained out of my voice, my fists hitting the window pitifully, bouncing off the glass, only forming bruises on the sides of my palms.

"MOVE!"

I looked down to my aunt, seeing her waving her hand to the side, and I nodded, understanding her command.

I looked over what used to be my room, seeing that the only area that wasn't being ravaged by the fire was the corner that was drenched in blood.

Sliding over to the area, I sat down as my brain finally started processing what was happening.

'Am I gonna die?!'

I started sobbing into my knees.

'No, no. Auntie Hazel is here. She wouldn't let that happen."

'Maybe I should just burn. I'm just a burde-!'

"I'M GONNA BREAK THE WINDOW!!!"