Chapter 55

Eyrie

"New year's Eve, baby!" Perrie cheered as we entered a random guy's house who was throwing a party.

"I can't believe how I managed to throw a party last year. Now that I look at it, the mess looks impossible to clean," Niall commented as the music got dramatically louder.

"I can't believe it, either. It's crazy in here," Perrie replied.

"Little Eyrie and Niall had their first kiss on the new year moment last time," Lyv smirked.

"Oh Lord. That's not meant for public knowledge," I groaned with a blush forming on my face.

"Aww don't be shy, baby. Let's celebrate the anniversary!" Niall whooped with his never-ending energy and we all made our way further inside the crowd of sweaty, alcohol like smelling people.

The loud music could be felt in the ground in the form of vibrations. My ears would take some time to adjust to the sudden change. Until then, I cringed at the noise and tried to cover my ears with my hands.

"You shouldn't be at a party if you can't deal with the uproar," Zayn said over the music.

"It's abnormally loud this time," I shouted back. He nodded to tell me that he agreed and we continued to follow our little crew.

"Somebody want drinks?" Niall asked.

"Niall, no alcohol!" I chided.

"Oh, come on. What are you? My mom?" he laughed teasingly.

"Fine. None for me, though. Thank you," I said. "And not too much for you, either!" I added when he turned around to leave towards where the drinks were. The other girls took off after him.

High school parties such as this one never managed to maintain a good reputation. Not that they ever managed to make one in the first place. Alcohol, making out, dirty dancing, explicit stuff and what not. I was a little nervous at the thought of Niall drinking this time. I knew for a fact that it was his first. Zayn seemed to notice my fidgety nature.

"Care to share your thoughts?" he asked.

"I don't know. Edgy about Niall drinking, I guess," I shrugged as casually as I could. He hummed in response.

"I understand. He'll be fine. I'll look out for him," Zayn promised. I smiled at him.

"Thank you," I said. "Hey, where's Harry?" I asked, looking around for the curly headed boy. Even though we were the same age, a protective instinct always took over me whenever I thought about him. He was slightly sensitive and I wasn't going to let anything hurt him.

"Can't see him anywhere. He was here a moment ago," Zayn replied, clearly panicking. He was trying to keep his calm, but I could easily look through his walls.

"It's okay. Don't worry. We'll find him," I assured.

We split up and carded through the crowd of sweaty, drunk teenagers dancing as if there was no bone in their bodies. I pushed past some of the people and scanned the room for the familiar curly mop of chocolate coloured hair. It was hard to try to focus anywhere considering the fact that the number of people was large in the room.

An uneasy feeling settled in my gut and I started to grow restless. Worry was taking over me and I was sure that Zayn was no better. Another thing that I knew was that he hadn't found Harry, either because if he had, he would have told me by now. Just as I was about to give up and head back to the entrance to find the other guys, I spotted Harry being cornered by a beefy guy. I rushed to the sight and stepped in between them.