Chapter 43

Harry

We were supposed to be back at school in two days. It felt weird, though. Everything would be different. Louis and Liam had already received their graduation. They were both really happy and emotional, at the same time. They would both be leaving town to go to their dream colleges. Liam with his scores and Louis with his football performance, had both gotten admission into the courses they wanted and where they wanted. Liam was leaving in two months, while Louis would be leaving in January so, he still had quite some time.

I had finally come clean to Louis and it went as well as it could. I wouldn't say that it was a very pleasant happening, but all's well that ends well, I guess. We were still together and Louis was almost as good a part of our friend circle as I. He was a constant whenever we would meet and everyone had warmed up well around him. I couldn't be happier with the progress. Everything seemed to go smoothly. Even then, the uneasy feeling would never leave me alone.

I was sprawled on my couch, watching telly, when my phone rang. I groaned at the inconvenience of having to stretch and pick it up. Yes, I could feel extremely lazy sometimes. I tried to reach my hand out for the buzzing device, but life likes to mess with everyone so, I had to completely get up. I picked it up with annoyance, but as soon as I saw the caller ID, a smile appeared on my face.

"Hi!" I exclaimed with excitement.

"You're happy." he chuckled.

"I wasn't when the phone rang, I must admit." I answered.

"And why was that?"

"I had to leave my den to pick it up." I huffed.

"And then you realised that I was the one who called." he replied smugly.

"And then I realised that you were the one who called." I stated.

"Aww, H." he teased.

"Don't be a jerk, Lou." I retorted.

"I'm not!" he tried to defend himself.

"Yes, you are." I chuckled.

"But I'm good to you, am I not?" he asked suddenly. I was a little taken aback, but I answered nevertheless.

"You are." I smiled softly, even though he couldn't see me.

"Then, when can I get a kiss?" he asked and I could practically hear his fake pout that I had grown to love so much. Points to him for always being dramatic, I suppose.

"As soon as you come here." I said.

"Then, give me one right now." he answered and the doorbell rang right after. I grinned widely before jumping to my feet and rushing towards the door, the laziness long gone.

Louis brought out sides of me that were gone for the longest time. Not that my friends didn't keep me happy, they did, but it was different with him. I had thought that I would never be able to get comfortable with someone intimately. I could bet that if I had kissed someone other than Louis back when I did, I would have flinched away halfway in and ran off. However, Louis made me feel safe and I could never pay him back for that, even though he didn't even particularly know how much he was helping me.

"Lou!" I exclaimed and jumped into his arms as soon as I threw the door open. He caught me with ease, probably already expecting the affectionate outburst.

"Hi, Haz." he almost whispered softly, chuckling.

"Hi." I smiled sheepishly, dimples on display. "Follow me?" I asked innocently, taking his hand in mine and pulling him inside. He followed easily and I closed the door behind us. I lead him to my bedroom and opened the door, gesturing for him to settle down on the bed.