Chapter 27

Harry

*Back In Time*

When I woke up in the morning, there was an unfamiliar pair of hands wrapped around me. It was dark and all I could breathe was a smell similar to vanilla scented candles. I looked up, trying to make out who I was clung to. It should have been Niall because Zayn was sleeping on the floor. But then again, Niall didn’t smell like that. I twisted a little and tried to get out of the grip because even if it was a very comfortable position for me, the fact that I was not sure who I was with, was troubling me.

When I finally managed to slip out a little, the person groaned and sneaked their way back. That’s when I recognised the voice and I froze. I tensed up. My shoulders stiffened. I tried to look around, to figure out where I was but the lights were off and the curtains were pulled to block any sunlight. So, I pushed my memory. I concentrated and tried to remember what might have happened last night.

I could recall sitting in the living room with the boys and then going to the gaming room, watching the three of them play while Zayn and I sat on the bed. I remembered being disappointed that Louis did not offer to sleep with me and then walking to the guest room with Niall and Zayn. I even recollected falling asleep there. Beside Niall not Louis! I worked my brain hard and that’s when it hit me. I had another one of the episodes in middle of the night.

I frowned at the thought. I had started to believe that I was finally getting better, that I was finally forgetting but, I think not. I could feel my heart sink and my tensed body relaxing because I had lost all the energy to control it. I rested there like an unconscious person but, my eyes were wide open. I tried to push the thoughts away but, they were persistent.

Why did it happen yesterday? Wasn’t I supposed to be getting better at this? What did Louis see? Maybe he thinks I’m a freak now, just like everyone else at school. Maybe what he saw yesterday cancelled out any chances that I might have had with him. Hell, did I even have any chance with him? He’s this perfect boy with a fit body and a tan to aid his muscles. His features are flawless and almost everyone loves him. Who could blame them? What’s not there to love? He’s funny, he engages people and even if he hardly opens up with anyone, he still talks to everyone. He was hardly ever rude to anyone. Well, except me but, that seemed to be changing. Wait, will we go back to being what we were a few days ago? Will he go back to hating me and being mean and will I be the reason for ruining any friendship that was being built between him, Niall and Zayn? Dammit.

There were too many questions. Too many uncertainties. I closed my eyes and let out a deep sigh. Louis shifted beside me at that. I was too scared to look at him so, I shut my eyes even tighter and pressed my lips together. I was biting my cheek on the inside and my heart was racing. I prayed to god that he wouldn’t shout on me, that he wouldn’t freak out seeing me next to him.

He didn’t.

“Harry, are you okay now?” he asked. His voice was deeper than usual but it was still not as deep as mine. He sounded beautiful, he looked beautiful and even his hand looked beautiful, rubbing his eyes.

“Y-yeah.” I answered, weakly. I could feel my heart in my throat. It was hard to speak.

“You scared me. It was middle of the night, Harry. Don’t you ever leave the house at such a time again.” he said. His fingers were still having a war with his eyes but, his tone was serious.

“I’m- I’m sorry.” I stuttered.

“It’s alright. I’m gonna go to my bedroom now. I need to be with Liam when he wakes up or he’ll ask questions. You can go back to your friends, too.” he said, sitting up and stretching his arms.