Chapter 52

Harry

I woke up cold and alone in my bed. No matter how many days passed by, I always expected a certain blue eyed boy to be there when I opened my eyes in the morning. It was probably because I was not completely in my senses at first. Once I was up and wide awake, I knew better than to wait with an air of expectancy. If I had gotten used to him being there, I could also get used to him not being there.

With that thought, I got up and went to the bathroom. I freshened up, took a shower and brushed my teeth. I dried myself and got into casual outdoor clothes. The boys were going to come in a few hours and I was going to ask them to take me somewhere I have been meaning to go to for a few days now. I did not want to have to change again so I decided to put on the final clothes, itself. I made my way downstairs and poured some cereal and milk in a bowl, sitting down at the dining table to fill my rumbling stomach.

I spent my time, distracting myself with text books and telly. When the clock struck twelve, I heard the doorbell go off and I quickly rushed to the door to open it. I was met with a big, warm hug by Niall and a hair ruffle by Zayn. Both the boys greeted me with different nicknames and took their seats on the couch.

"What are we doing today?" Niall asked with a load of energy.

"Give the lad a minute. He hasn't even settled down yet," Zayn rolled his eyes.

"Oh come on, now. Don't be shy, Harold. Make yourself at home," Niall said to me.

"This is my home, Ni," I replied before, rolling my eyes as well, but sitting on the bean bag nearby, nevertheless.

"So as I was asking, what are we doing today?" he repeated his question from before.

"Um.." I started nervously. "I was thinking if maybe we could.. You know, visit Johanna," I said.

Niall and Zayn both looked shocked at the unanticipated request. I had spent days telling everyone that I wanted nothing to do with any questions that included Louis, but I figured that in order to completely get him off my mind, I had to know. If I chose to remain in the dark and let it be a mystery to me, I would never be able to completely let it go. I had thought about it all night and I knew it had to be done sooner or later.

"What? Are you sure you wanna do that, H?" Zayn asked carefully.

"I think it's important in order for me to move on. I don't want to lay awake at night and think about the 'why' of it all. As long as it carries on to be an enigma for me, my mind will be running all over the place and I don't think there is any point in going through all of that," I explained. They both nodded in agreement.

"It all makes sense to me," Zayn said. "When do you want to go then?" he asked.

"Right now?" I suggested, unsure of their thoughts on the idea.

"Yeah, fine by me," he said.

"Me too," Niall piped in.

"It's settled, then. Let's get going," Zayn declared and all of us got up and put our shoes on.

We got in our usual seats in Niall's car and he turned the engine on. As we drove away from my house, Zayn asked if we should pick Eyrie up because she would not like to be left out. However, I told him that I would appreciate it if I could go inside alone, which included the two boys being left out as well. They understood and agreed with it and I heaved a sigh of relief.

As we started to approach the house, my nerves began to take over me. I was apprehensive of how I was going to handle what was about to come. To add on to that, I had not visited this place since the day Louis left. The last memory I had of going inside was when he had gifted me the necklace with such a deep meaning, that I still clung on to today and probably always will.