25) The Duelling Club

Start from the beginning

"Could do, but I'd probably be able to hear it's thoughts more if it was just crawling through the corridors." He said.

"I wonder if there's any creatures that can hide their thoughts." said Ron.

"I'm not sure, but we need to solve this mystery before any other attacks happen." said Y/N.

() () ()

It was the second week of December and McGonagall was going around collecting the names of people staying for the holidays. The quartet shared a quick glance before going over and signing the list. However, Hermione noticed that Y/N had a sad expression on his face.

"Is something wrong?" she asked.

"It's just that Mum's going to be alone at Christmas." replied Y/N. "I feel bad for her."

"Where's you dad going to be?" said Hermione.

"He's going after some death eaters, there were rumours that some had been sighted in Europe."

"Is it the Toombs again?" asked Ron.

Y/N nodded.

"Who are they?" said Harry.

"They're an infamous death eater couple." explained Y/N. "Dad tried hard to get them during the Wizarding War but they always got away."

"Why is he so desperate to catch them?" asked Harry.

Now Ron spoke up.

"The things they did during the war were terrible, Mum and Dad don't like to talk about them."

"They're the worst of the worst." said Y/N. "It doesn't surprise me that Dad's desperate to catch them. Most death eaters were caught during, or after the war, but they got away."

"You can go home if you want." said Hermione "Nobody should be alone at Christmas."

"No," said Y/N firmly. "this is important to me. Mum can always send letters. Plus, you'll need some help, these two aren't going to be much good."

Harry, Ron and Hermione all let out a chuckle at this, but they were relieved that Y/N would be staying, especially Hermione.

"What do we actually need to steal?" said Ron.

"Bicorn horn and boomslang skin." said Hermione.

"We'll need a diversion." said Y/N "I can probably do that, Snape won't get me expelled so it's safer than either of you two doing it."

Harry and Ron nodded.

"I'll do the stealing," said Hermione "My records clean and nobody will think I'm doing anything."

"I like this plan," said Harry. "I'd rather not annoy Snape on purpose."

() () ()

It was the time of Snape's lesson and Y/N was waiting for the signal from Hermione. They had sat separately so Hermione could access the stores easily. Y/N's eyes shifted between Hermione and Snape, who was examining the classes Swelling Solutions. Snape just finished berating Seamus when he turned his back to  Y/N to bully Neville. Hermione nodded and Y/N pulled a Filibuster Firework from his pocket. He poked it with his wand and threw into Goyle's cauldron. There were a series of rapid explosions and Swelling Solution showered that side of the class. Malfoy caught a faceful and people began to shriek.

"Silence! SILENCE!!" roared Snape. "Anyone who has been splashed come here for a Deflating Draught!"

Amidst all the chaos, Y/N saw Hermione slip back into the room with her robes bulging. Everyone was drinking their antidote and Snape swept over to Goyle's cauldron.