Weeks and weeks of paperwork, multiple agency visits, some planned and others a surprise. It was confirmed. She was coming home in three months. Things were moving so fast, and he expected it the least. Because after Seokjin's pre-surgery reports arrived he came to me. A madman. Much to my distaste, he fell to his knees. 'Baek-shi! The surgery is in Germany! In two weeks! Please please HELP ME!' I have been an accomplice in his madmen industry since. 

'Baek-shi, keep the door open. There are three bodyguards at the door.' Sejin-shi ordered. Medical equipment, doctors, nurses, company staff, his parents, my grandson (lunch for me), Taehyung's parents, and maybe even some random fans or strangers flowed in and out of the apartment the next morning. A complete madhouse.

It was noon when all of them ran to the door. There was no space for me. It was not my place either. I caught a glimpse of his hair, that's it, and that of his husband with a heavy scowl and fake smile plastered on his face. A relief washed over me, the house felt complete now. I returned to cater to my madhouse, smiling now.

'Baek-shi?' Seokjoong-shi called out from the living room. Good, save! Chili flakes on the floor and I would have to vacuum it forever. 

'They are asking for you.' He informed me and sat down on the couch, next to Jungkook-shi.

'Who?' I scanned the room. Who is asking for me now? They can just come to the kitchen and tell me what they want! The tea must be boiling already!

'Taehyung and Jin-ah' he spoke matter of factly. Did I hear that right?

'They-he wants something?'

'He didn't say.' He shrugged. 'Jin asked you to come to see him before going home.' His daughter climbed his lap demanding attention. Poking her father's nose and cheeks with her stubby little fingers. And her brother played with Jungkook's knee, whose eyes were already drooping. The flight must have been tiring.

I was inside their room. Let me repeat, I don't like to go into their room. Especially since the last time. But they called you! Just walk, Baek. One step at a time. 'Jin-ah, look who is here.' Taehyung called out, approaching me, he pulled me by my wrist. Hey! that is Dr. Park! I must say hello. Two men in white coats were deep in conversation with him. Maybe later. That is the heartbeat, what is the other one? I realized I was fixated on the two screens, faking curiosity at the white machine beside them, which whirred occasionally. Just look at him, Baek. See where the wires are going. Taehyung had to physically turn me to face the figure under a thick brown blanket. I caught my gasp. Ah! Jin-shi, my poor Seokjin-shi, what have they done to you? He was the same color as the sheets. White. There was exhaustion in his eyes, drooping. Yet they followed me delightfully. You do look better than the last time. But I can't say. I just hope you feel better. His wide smile broke to say something. Maybe I am losing my hearing as well now.

'Go closer.' Taehyung-shi sat me down beside the machine. The carpet, right under this stool is where he lay, in pain. The image from my memory was such a contrast.

'How are you, Baek-shi?' just a whisper. Barely loud enough over the whirring.

'I am well, Jin-shi. How are you feeling? Does it hurt?' my daze broke and I spoke to match his tone.

'Nothing. I feel nothing.' He smiled wider. Was he alright? I looked to Taehyung-shi for an explanation. Painkillers, he mouthed. 

'Thank you so much, Baek-shi. For helping me that day. I would have been up there otherwise.' he drawled. 

'Babe-' Taehyung hissed at him.

'Yeah yeah, we don't speak of d-e-a-t-h.' a very deep sigh. Like he was meeting reality. His gaze followed Taehyung's steps. Carrying pale blue pajamas in one hand. His smile fell when Taehyung did not come to him instead sat with his back on the bed, unpacking knick-knacks from the duffle. 'But I am promised a eulogy with at least three dad jokes on my death!' an unsmiling tactful pull at Taehyung's legs. Which worked. A scowling face whipped at us.