I walk through the gate and head to the door, my heels making sounds with every step.

The guards before the door look at me confused for a second and it irritates me.

I told Zuzanna to tell them... didn't she do it?

"Mrs. Calvetti." They say in union, not making eye contact before opening the door for me.

I try to be as quiet as possible as I make my way up the stairs because I am pretty sure he is in his office. My hands are sweaty, and I can't stop to smile.

Fuck, I can't wait to see his face.

As I notice that I am getting really loud I take of my heels and place them on the marble floor before walking slowly towards the door.

But just as I am only a few feet away from the door, only seconds before I wanted to grab the door handle...

I freeze.

I freeze because my brain can't comprehend what it is hearing.

I freeze because I never realized it before but there are words that not even the strongest souls can take.

How can words so loud and clear cause so much silence?

My throat closes and after all the years I got tortured in I have never felt my body aching more. I can't breathe and I can't hear a single noise anymore.

Not his voice.

Not her voice.

No walking.

No laughing.

No screaming.

Nothing.

Not even my heart... because in this moment I am sure it stopped beating and that's also the thing I wish most in this world.

I want my heart to stop beating, I want my body to go as cold as the heart which I recently allowed to feel again.

I never thought I would ever fall in love with someone but not in my wildest dreams I have ever expected to regret loving someone so bad.

I never even thought it was possible to have such an enormous regret in your entire life... or such a big hate.

I never hated myself more than in this second... because it's all my fault.

How could I be such a fool?

Why did I let him in?

"I can't keep it to myself any longer. I am fucking pregnant, Adriano and it is yours. I am carrying the heir to the Sicilian Mafia in me." I hear her say, her soft voice, echoing through the door.

I am pregnant.

I am pregnant.

I am pregnant.

It is yours.

It is yours.

It is yours.

I am fucking pregnant, Adriano and it's yours.

No.

God, please don't do this to me.

Please, make this pain go away.

Please, fucking please.

It hurts so bad.

Please just kill me.

I can't.

I can't.

I can't