Chapter 47- Hospital

Start from the beginning

Be strong, Amara.

It's just...

She will be fine.

Don't be so fucking weak.

Don't be so fucking selfish... the only one who is allowed to be scared is Darius and Vivian.

They are the ones who are suffering, you are healthy and alive... you are not allowed to be angry and sad.

"No. No. No. Don't think that." Adriano interrupts my thoughts.

"What?"

"You are doing it again. You are telling yourself that your feelings are irrelevant, but they aren't... they fucking aren't. Do you hear me? They are gonna be fine. I- I just know it ok? They just... they must be fine." He says, trying to believe his own words.

"They will be fine but that doesn't mean you can't feel scared or angry at this fucking world because the goddamn universe always hurts the good people. You can feel." He says, and I try not to make eye contact with him.

I pinch my skin over and over again, trying to distract me... trying to act calm but it's so fucking hard.

"Do you understand me, Amara?" He asks again and I look back into his eyes.

I just nod.

"Yes, thank you," I say and smile back before pressing a soft kiss against his lips, thanking him for being here.

For always being here...

With me...for me.

I let out a deep sigh when I notice the car stopped and the driver opens the door for us. Adriano gets out and then reaches for my hand.

We glance at each other for a short moment before quickly heading to the entrance of the hospital.

"Mr. and Mrs. Calvetti, you are here." Doctor Rivera greets us, who has been waiting next to the front desk.

"Where is he?" I ask and with a nod he walks down a corridor, telling us to follow him.

Adriano gives my hand a gentle squeeze as we round the corner and see Darius sitting in a chair, his head in his hands. He looks to the floor, tears streaming down his cheeks, his strands of hair pulled into tight fists.

His face is full of anger, sadness, fear and regret and as he hears us running towards him he immediately pulls himself up from the chair and looks into my eyes... as if I could do anything.

As if he is begging me to do something...to do anything to help her but I can't.

I have already done everything I could... I can't help her anymore.

And it fucking rips my heart in a thousand pieces, knowing she has to go through this alone.

It was the first thought I had when Darius called Adriano, telling us that they are in the hospital because Vivian has strong bleedings and a high fever. He tried to explain what exactly is happening to her body but after I heard how serious it is... I stopped listening.

I couldn't listen. I couldn't hear how much pain my best friend is in and how scared she must be. I am just so fucking thankful that we were in New York anyway to take care of some business. Otherwise it would have taken hours to fly here.

But now I am here, in this hospital waiting for someone to tell me how my best friend is.

Adriano hugs Darius, trying to comfort him before he backs away. The assassin takes a step closer before wrapping his arms around me.

"She is strong..." I whisper into his ear.

"But what if she isn't strong enough... she can't be always this fucking brave. What if she doesn't have the energy anymore?"