LVI. Home

"A home is the place we built with our loved ones."
----------------------------------------------

Our life is like a blank canvas and we are the painters. Our life and death are not in our hands but the time between those two main events will be in our hands. We can destroy it or paint it beautifully. As the time goes on we will learn how to paint ourselves beautifully and when we are old we look at what we created. When we do that our heart must be happy with our accomplishments. There will be incidents that change our lives and mold us into the person we are today. We are left to make choices that make our painting beautiful, even if the choices are wrong we can rectify them and make corrections to it.

I gaze at the mirror and observe my reflection as I think about life. It has been difficult for me but I made it. I place my hand on my stomach and pat it. I am four months pregnant now and a bump is visible.

It has been three months since Abhi accused me. I still remember his words but know they don't hurt as they used to. The wound has healed.

I remember the way Aarav cried as he knew about his identity. He was so terrified after knowing the truth and kept to himself but he came out of it slowly and he is himself now. The whole family knows about it and they never treated him anything different from then. Aarav himself told others about his identity when he was strong. I still remember their conversation.

It has been a month since Aarav got to know about his true father. He was rather upset and I was anxious for him. He told us that he needed to think about telling ma and papa about this but he wanted to tell them today after a month.

He asked all the family members to gather in the living room. Ma, papa, Akky and Kalyani dadi are sitting on the couch waiting for Aarav to speak as he paced back and forth. Akky asked us to be quiet about her knowing the truth, she told me that she wants to hear Aarav tell her about this and I agreed with her. Abhi and I are standing to the side anxiously waiting for this to complete.

"What happened Aarav? Why did you ask us to come here?" Papa broke the silence and Aarav finally turned towards them.

"Rudra papa, I have something to tell you guys. After knowing this you may treat me differently but know that I love you." He spoke slowly.

"What nonsense is this! Why will we treat you differently?" Meera ma asked him.

Aarav looked up and his eyes were filled with tears. "I was not born to Vinay Goenka." Everyone stopped breathing for a second. "My parents are Damini and Arjun Rajput." Everything was silent and I heard my one breathing get sharp. I told Aarav that his family will support him but listening to the silence is making me afraid. I am unsure of my words now.

I looked in Abhi's direction and he had the same helpless look on his face as he looked at his brother. Aarav started crying and fell on the floor, Abhi tried to go but I stopped him as I saw his family approach him.

"Hey, stop crying now." Three members surrounded him and comforted him as dadi still sat in her place. But seeing her expression I know that she is not going to treat Aarav any differently.

They treated him the same as before and I think they started to shower him with more love and Aarav needs it. I am grateful that all took the news positively but I know that deep down they are angry at my father. They can't help it and I am also angry with him. But a person can never stay angry for long and I know that soon this anger will vanish.

"Will this match your dress?" Akky came inside my room carrying two boxes. She removed the earrings from the boxes and showed me, I shook my head in negative.