XLVII. Normal

"There will be a time where everything will seem normal but to you it may not be."
--------------------------------------------------

"Is Aarav inside?" I questioned uncle as we waited in the car outside. I have no idea how to face him. "I don't want to dump the news on him, he has many things going on now. I don't want to trouble him."

Uncle sighed before turning towards me and facing me. "Avni, we are not forcing you into telling him anything. You must know what is better but I can tell you one thing, never let this thing cause any problem between you both. I want you two to develop a relationship together before you decide on keeping the truth a secret," he completed the speech and got down the car. "I will be waiting inside, come inside once you think about what is correct for you and him." He spoke from the window and left me alone.

Yes, he was right. I don't need to think before making a decision. Our two lives revolve around it. But the main reason for not wanting to meet him was completely different. I considered him as my brother for some time but meeting him now after knowing that we were blood-related made it seem more awkward for me. If I meet him now what am I going to speak about?

I can't console him for his mother being the main villain nor can I sympathize with him. I can't even speak about his father or how his mother cheated us all and hid the truth. Whenever I am thinking of his face, my father's face flashed in front of my eyes.

I remember the small things I did with him. He used to buy me ice cream when I cry and from listening to Anu, I took after my mother and she used to comment that if they had a son then he might be like my father. It made me curious to see whether Aarav took after my father.

I smiled thinking that I may see my father in him.

"Ok, then I will go and speak to him first then I will decide on what to do next." After telling the words to myself, I got down the car and went inside the restaurant.

"Good evening, ma'am. Do you have a reservation?" The hostess greeted me as I entered the restaurant.

"Goenka," her eyes widened and she checked my dress and she tried to cover it, but I caught it. She didn't question me and directed me to our table. I guess I need to adjust to the status and dress properly. I was still in the morning clothes and they were not in good condition. After going home, I am going to take a long bath and have a nice sleep. But I need to speak to him first.

I went inside the private room provided for us. All looked up at me and I gave them a small smile, my eyes immediately went to Aarav. I observed his face for a moment. His eyes are similar to mine, and his facial features resemble my father.

"Avni!" I snapped out of my thoughts when my uncle called me. "Come and sit here," he gestured towards the empty seat. The chair was opposite to Aarav, I slowly walked towards my seat mumbling a small sorry for being distracted.

"It's ok mama. Eat this," Diya replied and fed me a French fry.

"Yum! It's tasty. But why are eating these now, I told you right, no fried food at night." I scolded her for eating these for dinner.

"Mama, it's yum. I want it." She pouted. I melted seeing her, she was safe and I think I can grant her wish for today.

"Ok, only today. From tomorrow no French fries or pizza for dinner. Ok?"

"Yes, mama." She nodded her head and went back to her food.

"Avni, here." Akky helped me with the food placing every item present on the table.

"Enough Akky. I can't eat this much." I said after seeing the quantity of the food on my plate.

"Oh stop it. You probably missed lunch, complete the plate. Who knows what she might have done?" Akky mumbled the last words in a low voice but I caught them. I gave her a look but she shrugged her shoulders in reply.