XXXVIII. Daksh Agnihotri

"A sibling, the person who annoys us and always irritates us. But they will be the ones to bring the smile on our faces and they will always love us no matter what."
----------------------------------------------

"You?" I shrieked in surprise seeing him.

"Yes, Mrs. Avni Goenka. I knew that you remember me." I felt my cheeks flush, I forgot about him after meeting him that day. I had many things to deal with on my plate that I forgot about the stranger who declared me as his friend.

"Aww, you hurt my heart. You forgot about your friend just after meeting him. You wound me." He exclaimed in fake sadness placing his hand where his heart lays.

His simple action brought a smile to my face, the genuine one that I lost yesterday. I smacked him on his arm in a playful manner.

"Violent." I heard the word he uttered under his breath. I ignored it as it brought many other sweet memories.

"You can't blame me for forgetting you, it's your face. It's forgettable." I teased him to which he laughed.

"Funny, little one." That word sent a warm feeling to my heart. I never thought of having a sibling, and Nihal was there with me as a big brother. Now, listening to Aj calling me with his name for me, I want to have a brother. My own one, the one who annoys me and teases me all the time, but also the one that will look after me. I wish that I had a sibling like him.

"Enough!" I exclaimed making him stop the teasing.

"Ok, fine! I will stop now." He stopped laughing and his expression turned serious. "How are you, little one?"

I didn't have an answer to that question and I don't even want to think about it. No, I am not okay. I have murderers in my family and I might know the person behind the present accident. The threat to my husband and my child, with all these things, how can I be fine! Was the thing I wish to speak. "I am fine." Were the words that came out of my mouth.

"Ok, I will not press you further. You remember this thing, I will always be there to help you." He left the topic, I was thankful for him for ending the matter otherwise I might have told him everything.

"Now, will you show me your house?" He lifted his arms in the air.

"You mean a house tour." It was a good distraction. But with all the people in the house, it may be difficult to have a tour. "With these people in the house, you want a tour?" I voiced my thoughts. He thought for a moment before letting his hands fall.

"I know exactly what to show you. Follow me." I ordered him. I tried to avoid bumping into people, I don't want to take their sympathy. So, I took the less crowded way.

"You wanted to show this." His voice brought me back to the present. We reached the garden, my favorite part.

I ignored his words and went inside, I wanted to avoid people so I went deep. I found a bench there and sat on it. Aj followed my suit and sat beside me.

"No noise, no people and fresh air. Can you find a better place than this?" I questioned him when I found a frown on his face. His face relaxed after hearing my question. He observed the surroundings before relaxing.

"I think you are right. It is rather peaceful and calm out here." He took a deep breath. We were in the part of the garden that was covered in tall trees. Nothing was visible from his except for the structure of the house.

"I agree to it." We sat in silence enjoying the peaceful atmosphere between us.

"Tell me."

"What are." We both spoke at the same time. We looked at each other for a moment before bursting into laughter.