LI. Crumbling down

"There will be a time where we make mistakes, we must not allow that mistakes to dictate our lives. We need to mold our lives and lead our life and never let that mistakes haunt us."
---------------------------------------

Many people say to place your happiness first and then think about others. Some people call this selfishness, how can it be selfish to prioritize our happiness over others. I have been selfless all my life and did everything in my life based on others' feelings or happiness. It was on me to carry the burden of keeping my identity hidden by lying to others. Anu told me that I would feel less guilty as it will be easier to lie and Rudra papa told me that it was for my security and protection. I was being fed up with my life where I couldn't even tell others about my true identity. However, I was more relieved than afraid once the truth came out. I thought that I could lead my life happily without spewing lies.

God had different plans for me, however. Once, I got rid of a lie another lie added to the list, and the one that can wreck our families. The truth alone can drown the families into the depth of the waters leaving them there with lots of pain. Anu already knew the truth but I know that she was not sad after learning about Aarav. Abhi's family will suffer a lot after learning that the son they saw and held, the person they helped and raised as his own was not theirs to begin with. That family already suffered a lot and informing them about this will destroy them.

After getting the test results, I was shocked. I knew that this was the possible result but I wished that the result would be negative. Then we would have fewer problems, and I will not need to lie again.

I thought about it a lot last night and even thought of Aj's points. I decided to tell this thing Abhi after telling him about my pregnancy. I know that he will get angry but I hoped that the good news might reduce his anger. I thought that we would talk and decide what to do next.

But in my life, nothing happens according to my plans. Everything is spoiled and there was an underlying issue brewing between us.

"Aarav is your brother. When were you planning to share this information with me, or were you planning on never telling the truth about my brother's identity." I regretted telling this thing first to him other than my husband. I regret it now, all I can do now is to convince him.

"Abhi, you were in the hospital. How could I tell you this and make you worried? I was about to tell you today. We will speak about it but for now let's go home," I took a step towards him and tried to take his hand but he took a step back making me stop in my tracks.

I looked at him and found the serious expression on his face; I swallowed the sob in my throat. "Abhi I have good news to share with you. Come with me," I spoke in a soft voice. I had a surprise for him. I made some arrangements for him thinking about it and imagining his shocked look brought a smile to my face. I realized after some time that the smile would be the last one.

"No, I am not going anywhere with you," his voice brought me back from my dreams.

"Abhi, please don't be angry at me," I begged him but he was furious.

"Don't you dare say please!" He roared at me making me flinch back in terror. "Do you think it will be easy, because of the things you didn't say our family is in this position now? To that list, you got to know that Aarav has blood relation to you, and what did you do?" He came towards me, held my arms, and shook me. "What did you do Avni? Did you share this news with your husband?" His hold on my hand tightened and I winced in pain. I tried to move away from his grip but his grip on me tightened and he shook me to get my attention.

"Whom did you tell Avni? It was news that can break two families and instead of telling me, you told him! A stranger to us, how can you?" His voice softened at the last but his grip was still tight as he held me in position. I was silent letting him vent his anger out so that I can speak to him peacefully once he is done.