XXX. Bleed

"You say I broke you. What about the things you broke in me? You broke my trust with your lies and my brain is resting my heart. In the end, it was I who suffered the most."

             -- Unknown.

------------

There was pin-drop silence after Seema accused Vinay

There was pin-drop silence after Seema accused Vinay. Everyone stared at her as if she lost her mind.

"Are you out of your mind? You are accusing my uncle." Abhi shouted at her.

Seema jumped from her seat startled by his loud voice. Avni took Abhi's arm and tried to calm him. Seema accused his uncle it was expected.

"Abhi, calm down." Abhi looked down at his wife in disbelief. He shrugged his arm out of his grip. Avni tried to calm him, even though she did not want to interfere, Seema was not feeling good.

"Are you kidding me Avni? This woman accused my uncle of kidnapping, manhandling and you are telling me to calm down. How can I be calm?" Abhi shouted at Avni making her take a step back. Avni got startled when he raised his voice at her.

"Didn't shout at me," Avni said in a firm voice and hard eyes. She can bear anything but will never let anyone raise their voice at her without reason. Abhi closed his eyes for a moment and turned back towards Seema.

"Explain to me, why you accused my uncle of kidnapping!" Avni asked in a blank voice with underlying anger in his words. Seema looked at Abhi with tears in her eyes. Avni scoffed internally at her for trying to calm the beast. Seema was in a relationship with him but she didn't know anything about him and his temper. He may look calm, but Avni knew what was coming next.

"Abhi, your uncle approached me when we were dating. He demanded that I need to break up with you, I didn't listen to him. I told him that I will never break my love's heart and will be with him until I live." Seema said looking at Abhi with dreamy eyes.

"Then your uncle changed tactics and threatened me. He said that if I don't break up with you, he may kill you." Seema started sobbing into her hands.

"Seema, explain first. Then you can cry all you want." Abhi said through his gritted teeth, he was controlling his temper and it was clear in his eyes. Seema being ignorant of his behavior continued the drama.

She sniffed, cleaned her nose with a tissue, and patted her eyes dry. "You were the same back then, always not listening to me. I approached you many times to speak about it, but you never gave me time. So, I did what was best for you. I created a scene where you caught me sleeping with another person. It was all fake, Abhi. I did that to protect you." Seema said the last sentence looking into his eyes.

Abhi laughed at her, Avni started to get afraid because the laugh sounded like a threat to her.

"Oh, I believe you. Then what about Diya." Abhi said sarcastically, with his hands on his hips as his laughter ceased.