VI. Party

How many of you are enjoying online classes or work from home?

I am not taking them seriously. I just completed this chapter listening to online classes because I just can't wait for it.

__________________________________

Me and Akshaya leave for the party. I see the decorations and shocked by seeing the preparations done for the party.

"Babe, you did a great job. This decoration is awesome", I turn towards my friend and compliment her. Her eyes light up with happiness and she gives me a big smile.

"Thank you", she tells happily.

We reach the place where everyone are gathered. A white cloth is placed in form of tent and it is covered with fairy lights. Some tables are arranged to one side with some cutleries on them. A stage is placed at the center with some chairs surrounding it. Waiters are serving some food and champagne. A small platform is raised beside the stage for dances. Overall, it is a beautiful place. Everyone present here are in elegant dresses and classic masks covering their faces. I search the crowd for familiar face and find Goenkas family greeting some people. I signal for Akshaya to follow me and we go near them.

 I signal for Akshaya to follow me and we go near them

Entrance

Table Arrangement

Table Arrangement

"Hello, uncle", I greet Rudra Goenka and touch his feet, I do same for his wife and mother.

"Look, how much you have grown", Kalyani Goenka. I give her a small smile in return. Just then Anu arrives.

"See Kalyani, how beautiful my granddaughter is! I am getting many marriage proposals for her. She is of right age for marriage. What do you say, my granddaughter and your grandson? Anu asks dadi. I blush at that. I quickly get control of my emotions and answer her before the other one replies.

"Anu, I need to build my carrier first. Then I'll think of marriage and I'm only 21 years old for god's sake. I'll definitely not marry that monkey Goenka", I say that in a low voice and Anu catches that.