Chapter 16: Fast and Red

(Topaz District)

Dawn was about to turn to night in a moment. Also, conveniently there was no one around to witness a magical explosion to appear out of nowhere. Out from the smoke, Anna, Zack and Mia came flying out. Zack was first to land on the ground, with Anna then landing right on top of his stomach, causing Zack to gasp. Mia then came down last and landed on Anna's back, causing her to let out a little yelp. Team RWBY and JNPR were back in spirit form and were able to descend from the sky with ease. Gina also descended from the sky, holding her wand in the air, and slowly descended to the ground as well.

"Can you provide us a softer landing next time?" Anna asked.

"Sorry. My tricks are more exciting and wild than calm and peaceful." Gina said.

"Putting aside the rough landing, thanks for taking us back home. Mom would be really mad if we came home late." Mia said.

"Don't mention it. I hope you enjoy the new cards we gave you. And without a further ado, it is time for my, GRAND EXIT! Farwell friends! Until we meet again!" Gina shouted, as she pulled out another smoke bomb. However, when she threw it down, it didn't explode. "Huh. What do you know. It's a dud. Eh. I'll just go home the normal way. Bye." She said. A portal to the spirit world then opened up, as Gina exited to the right and disappeared without a trace.

Anna and Mia then got off of each of other, allowing Zack to get up as well. "Now that was painful. Breaking a fall, sort of breaks your own body." Zack said.

"That's not the only thing that'll be broken, lets hurry back before mom loses her patience." Mia said.

Ruby then looked at Jaune. "Hey, Jaune. Is their mom really that scary?" she asked.

"I wouldn't say scary. Random describes her more accurately." Jaune said.

"But her outbursts tend to be a bit forceful." Pyrrha said.

"We saw it happen once, but she had every right to be mad." Blake said.

"I would be mad as well if anybody flooded our dorm room." Weiss said, crossing her arms. She wasn't really happy about being in her tuner form again.

"I don't think anybody would be happy about getting their home flooded." Anna said.

"Eh. What's in the past is the past. See you tomorrow, Anna." Zack said, waving at her, as Mia and JNPR followed. As soon as he turned around, the alleyway shot out a wall of fire in front of his face, causing him to scream loudly in fear. Mia fell back out of shock, while Jaune and Pyrrha brought out their shields and raised them. Anna only placed her hands over her mouth, while team RWBY didn't know what to do at the moment.

The fire then died down, but Zack was still screaming to the top of his lungs. Mia only gave an annoyed look at her brother, and punched him in the arm, putting an end to his scream fest. "It's over now, Zack. You can stop screaming now." Mia said.

"Sorry. But a few inches closer, we've would have been barbequed." Zack said.

"Actually, I think you would've have turned out better regardless if the fire hit you guys. That looked like fire from a duel." Anna said.

"No way, Anna. That looked way to realistic to be the fire from a card game." Ruby said.

"Yeah. Trust me, Anna. I've seen fire before, and even had it on my hair." Yang said.