Something smells fishy around here...

It wasn't like Travis to do something like that but it was pretty cool.

"You did what?!" Sydney shrieked. Travis flinched at this and ushered her inside the dorm. He put his finger to his lips hushing Sydney so she wouldn't make our ear drums bleed again.

"I did it so you'd stop messing around with Damien." He said. He's cute when he's angry, I though to myself, no no Lia you're dating Damien. I yawned quietly and looked at the rotting fish Sydney was still surprisingly holding. She followed my gaze, screamed, then threw the fish at Travis. A small giggle passed threw my lips and Travis laughed and smiled sweetly.

"Ugh. You guys are gross. Just leave me alone okay? And Lia, aren't you dating Damien? Better stay in your pants you slut." She sneered and started to walk out.

"Says you! Your the one who would do anything to make out with anyone. Remember high school by any chance?" I shouted to her. I wouldn't just take the insult and not do anything about it. Mark always said that, that was the nice thing about me. Sydney just sneered again and left with a slam of the door.

*************

"I do love you." Damien whispered. We sat at the tree again, cuddling and giddishly smiling like idiots. He kissed my lips softly, but, I didn't feel any spark. I pulled away and stood up, very unprepared to do what I was about to do. "Lia? What's wrong?" Damien asked with a concerned face, that made this hurt like hell.

"I can't do this anymore." I said quietly, I wasn't sure if I even heard myself. "I-I just don't feel anything... It's like, we tried but it wasn't right." His face pained me and made my voice quieter with every word that passed my lips. His expression changed to a cold hearted face that made me want to run and hide.

"Okay fine. Run away to Travis and hide your feelings. Soon enough you'll be crawling back to me wanting me back. But no. You can't have me back. I'm done with you." And with that he walked away. I was left there standing alone with a hard look. I ran home angered, I knew it wasn't Damien that I loved, it was the guy I was with all along.

I reached our dorm and stormed in. "Travis! Travis!" I slammed the door but there was no shouting about how I shouldn't do that. "Travis?" I called. I walked into the kitchen an saw a note on the hard granite counter top.

Went grocery shopping, be home soon.
Love Travis

I dropped the note on the floor and ran for my truck.

****************

I ran isle to isle looking for that chocolate brown hair and icy blue eyes. "Travis!" I screamed. Everyone in the grocery store gave me a dirty look. But then Travis came running out of an isle.

"Lia?" He sounded shocked but relieved in a way. "What are you doing here?" With out a word, I ran up and kissed him. People stood and awwed. I felt amazing sparks. We pulled away and he looked me straight in the eyes. "Are you sure?" He asked, dead serious. Again I didn't speak, only nodded.

******************

"Travis, I can't sleep." I rubbed my eyes and shuffled into his room. I felt like a little kid asking to cuddle with their parents to fall asleep. He looked up at me and patted beside him on the double bed. I smile and crawled in next to him and laid on his chest while he put an arm around me. "Travis," I started.

"Yes Lia?" He looked down and me waiting for an answer.

"I love you."