Brotherhood.

12am and I hear my phone buzz on the hard wood floor of Travis's dorm.

Dad, it read. I moaned and answered it.

"Hello?" I asked groggily. I rolled on my back questioning the sobbing I heard on the other end. "Dad?" I asked, now worried.

"It's your brother," I sobbed through the phone. "He- he..." Dad didn't need to finish, I was already crying.

**The day of the funeral**

I slipped into a black cocktail dress that was frilly on the bottom. Totally not my style but I mean it's my brothers funeral. I knew my brother was depressed but if I knew it was bad enough to bring him to hang himself, I wouldn't have left Sherrvill. My brother was the best thing I ever had. Black eye liner ran down my face like a steady black stream. I heard Travis knock lightly. "Come in," I mumbled, wiping the make up away.

"Lia?" He asked, only it wasn't Travis's voice. It was Colton (the partier).

"Hey." I said. He noticed my red eyes and his face got soft. "It's fine. I'm fine. I'm going to say goodbye today." He nodded in response.

"Travis wanted me to tell you the he just went out to get something and that he'll be back soon. He had to tell you something too." He mentioned before he stalked out the door.

I've lived with Travis for 3 months now and he's just gotten nicer and nicer. His dazzling blue eyes and raven black hair isn't the only thing I love about him, his personality is intriguing as well. His kindness, loyalty, humor and smarts.

"Can you come with me?" I asked Travis as he was taking his first step in the dorm. Travis has 3 settings: confused, concerned and loving. He was at setting 2. "Please, Travis." He nodded in response. Loving Travis on.

"Lia, I'm just gonna change and I'll be right out. Are you sure that you want me to come?" He asked. I returned his nod.

We drove in silence. It wasn't a bad silence, it was a I love you, it's going to be okay, silence. Travis's black Toyota turned into the small cemetery. I teared up again not ready to let go. Travis's rough hand slips into mine and I muster up a smile for him as we rolled to the burial ground.