An encounter.

Veronica.

I sighed and my body reclined against the couch. The cold feeling of the winds making their way inside of my room through the window left a cooling feeling lingering on my skin before they faded away into my apartment.

I tapped the ash on the ashtray and puffed out the smoke. The bitter taste of the cigarette seemed to work as a relief. nowadays it was the only way for providing me some relief.

It'd been a month--That passed like a blur. I was pretty much sure he had forgotten about me till now but I couldn't say the same for myself. Each day and every second, he was the only thing in my mind. I hated it, I hated how I missed his touch or hearing his voice. I had even thought of meeting him in the principal's office but he wasn't there, turned out that he left the college and handed it over to his dad.

There was no denying why the man who wanted to do nothing with the college, decided to stay that one month even extending the period later on and I was the reason but I by myself blew everything away. I broke the connection between us, smashed it had thrown it away telling him that it was a waste of time. Telling myself that it was not healthy for me.

Fuck! If anything was unhealthy for me that is this distance and the cigarette in my hand.

I didn't know what I was thinking, why was I thinking. I didn't even know how to spend my days without having his smile or face flash in front of my eyes over a hundred times.

I was still in a denial. I was still constantly telling myself that this term would go away. But....was it? I don't have one fucking idea. I thought of meeting different guys, but the idea never contented me. In fact, the idea of getting intimate with any other guy, made me feel sick to my stomach.

Alex Vincent has fucked me up pretty badly. He'd put some sort of spell only he could remove but my sick pride was coming between the way that'd lead to him. But that wasn't the only thing responsible for me debating over the same topic for days. The sickening thought of him getting involved with another girl made my stomach take different turns.

But when had I ever tried to give anything that was between a chance? So even if he dated another girl or get involved in something else, I had got no saying in that matter. It was utterly my decision. I pushed him away and whether I agreed or not, I was regretting my decision.

I had let my past fall heavy on my present and I have to carry this burden in the future.

"Here's your coffee," Daisy handed me the mug and sat beside me.

"Thanks," I said and tossed the leftover cigarette away.

"You're welcome," She took a sip of the coffee. As always the slurping sound didn't go missing. I absentmindedly leaned against the backrest, silently finishing my coffee and letting the empty mug rest on the nightstand.

"Why don't you just call him if you are missing him that much?" Daisy's sudden question made my eyes flutter open.

"I don't miss him," I spoke and averted my gaze from her, setting it outside of the window. Staring at the unremitting sun getting rigid under the thick murky clouds. The cold ambiance remained rigorous inside of me.

"Denial isn't a solution, Veronica," She spoke, "You can't keep yourself swaddled with the unnecessary refusals and consider yourself being in a safe zone."