Goodbye.

Veronica.

The morning came and I was woken up with Alex caressing my cheeks.

I slowly opened my eyes and met with his deep blue eyes. A smile crept at his full lips and the corner of his mouth twitched upwards. His smile resided in my view till he leaned in to place a soft kiss on my lips.

"Good morning, beautiful," The heaviness in his breath, his shirtless figure, and his tousled hair explained that he had spent the night in my apartment and my head that I now realized was on his chest proved it further that he slept in the same bed with me. Not that I mind it.

"How are you feeling?" He stroked my hair, his fingers gently moved to massage my scalp.

Yawning I found myself snuggling more into his embrace. I heard his chuckle before he used the tip of his fingers close to his nails to trace behind my neck. An embarrassing gasp slipped past my lips and the goosebumps covered my body.

The next moment Alex's melodic chuckle buzzed throughout the room.

"What the heck was that?!" My brows rose in surprise as I raised myself to look at him.

"I didn't know you could mewl like a kitten," The amusement glimmered in his eyes, the hint of mischief seeping through his words.

"Don't annoy me, Alexander." I didn't know what had gotten into him. I would've thrown him out of the apartment because the surreal memories of the last were still looping around my mind but I didn't want to deny the comfort his presence was providing me.

His presence helped me forget and stay normal without drifting into the darkest corners of my mind I tend to avoid for my own good.

"Trust me, this is the first time I've ever received this sorta comment from any girl," He laughed shaking his head before he placed a kiss on my head, nuzzling my hair before his hand moved to trace small circles on my lower back occasionally running his hand up and down over my back.

"Trust me this is the first time I had ever been pampered by someone," The sentence escaped my lips before I could even stop it.  My body froze upon realization so did Alex's one but he was quick to get back to normal return to his previous motion.

"Tell me something, Veronica," He spoke after a few minutes.

"What?" I questioned without looking at him and my face nestled under his chin.

"What do you look for?"

"What do you mean?" My brows scrunched in confusion.

"I mean what do you look for in life? Like something you want but don't have in your life for some reason." He explained.

"Happiness." My response was without any delay.

"And from where do try to find it?" His question came almost immediately. I could feel his curiosity and also something else that he hadn't made clear. It was easy to perceive the little examination he was trying to run over me by his few questions.

"Sex," I said.

"And do you succeed?"

"Yeah at some point, after all, everything is temporary. " I sighed out, my fingers moved to trace the veins on his arms.

He fell silent for quite a bit, it didn't feel boring at the very least.

"Where do you search to find happiness?" I questioned and looked up at him. A small smile displayed on his lips.

"With you," He placed a kiss on my lips before he turned us around so that I was under him, his statement caught me off guard but I didn't get any time for a reaction since he was already getting out of the bed.