Being Loved.

Veronica.

The ringing of the doorbell diverted my attention from the TV. I glanced at the clock that showed it was last evening, the confusion drowned upon me and I looked at the doorway.

I wasn't expecting anyone's visit today. The only person who had the chance to come to my apartment at this hour was either Alex or Daisy. Whereas Daisy was probably busy with her new boy toy and Alex who had gone on a business trip, there was no chance for a visitor today.

Sighing I got up from the cough and proceeded towards the door, meanwhile turning the television off as I did so.

I reached for the doorknob and twisted it, the clicking sound interrupted the silence whilst my hand moved to pull the door open.

As my eyes trailed to spot the make figure standing in front of the door, my lips parted and my brows rose in surprise.

"Alex..." I nearly gasped.

"Hey, beautiful," He flashed me his devilish grin and leaned to place a soft kiss on my lips whilst his hands slide around my waist.

"You were out for a business trip, then how?" I blurted out and I saw him chuckle before he placed another kiss on my lips. The familiar warmth coated within my insides upon his touch.

"I actually landed probably an hour ago," He informed, tucking a piece of my hair strand behind my ear, "So I went home, freshened up, and then I'm here, in front of you."

This was the moment I finally noticed his wet hair and his fresh skin that had still water droplets on them. The fact that Alex came to meet me just after he landed, stunned me. I hadn't thought he would do something like this neither did I expect such a gesture.

But it made the giddy feeling spread over. I felt.....happy.

"You came right after you arrived in the city, to meet me?" My voice did convey amazement.

"Uh-huh," He nodded, although he was listening to my words I could see he was either busy caressing my cheeks or thoughtfully smiling looking down at my face.

Lately, Alex had been behaving like this a lot.

"Alex, you must be tired," I moved my hands to his chest, "Don't you think you should be taking a rest?"

"Is this your way of kicking me out?" His tongue firmly tucked into his mouth, and I looked him wide eyes.

There was no way he could think I meant that.

"No, not at all," I quickly blurted out, "I didn't mean it to come that way."

He homed my face for quite a bit looking slightly judgemental before a laugh slipped past his lips, "I know you didn't mean that love," He leaned it placing a kiss on my cheek, "I was just messing with you."

What a jerk!

"You know, now I'll absolutely kick you out," I spat and tried to push him away before his hold on me tightened and another laugh tore from his throat.

"Feisty much?" The corner of his mouth twitched upwards and the next thing I knew my feet weren't on the ground anymore. He'd picked me up and wrapped my legs around his hip.