Chapter 1 - Introduction

A strong pain at her back. That's the first thing Hermione feels as she regains consciousness. Her eyes still closed, her body hurting as Hell.
"What- Where am I?" she thinks, slowly opening her eyes. Then she remembers.

She remembers the "crazy witch" shouting, straddling her and carving something into her arm;
she remembers the woman, laughing, screaming "Crucio!";
she remembers Ron's voice crying her name.
She can't remember much of what happened then, tho.
Almost just chaos. Almost.
She still knows a few things:
Somebody pulled her up letting her go after some seconds, while a strange noise quietly descended from the ceiling. Then she felt crushed under a terrible pain.
She could remotely hear her friends saying her name before a pop, then silence...

She tries to get up, quietly, but an involuntary scream slips out of her mouth as she moves. Her body hurts too much.
"Damn." she thinks. "What do I do now?!"
The young girl closes her eyes and few tears wet her cheeks.

"Guess who's awake!" says an acute voice. Her voice.
Hermione tries her best to not shiver, pretending to be sleeping. "Maybe this way she'll let me alone a few more time..." she hopes.
"I know you are awake, girl! Look at me!" the woman snaps and Hermione, as under a spell, suddenly widens her eyes and looks up to where the voice came from... and there she is, the strong woman with long dark hair and even darker sparkling eyes.
Bellatrix Black, staring right at the young Mudblood.