Chapter Twenty-five

Start from the beginning

Jordan released the faintest of chuckles.

    "By simply opening your mouth and pulling out of the straw."

Sensing my near protest, he raised a suggestive brow.

"You don't wanna miss this. It's marvelously choco-licious, I swear you."

I licked my lips involuntarily, my eyes darting down to the smoothie.

    Sam, stand your freaking ground idiot. He already paid for your smoothie!

I shook my head, deciding not to. Ugh, I can't be greedy.

"C'mon Jordan, you know I can't take your smoothie too."

  "Just a sip, Sam. I bet you don't want to be missing out on it's superb taste."

"You're not going to make me drink your smoothie."I mumbled, wondering low-key how it tasted for him to be sweet talking about it like that.

As if he could read my mind, Jordan smiled, wriggling his brows."You know you wanna try it."
    Say no, say no, say n-

I sighed languidly,"fine, just a sip."

  "I hear you."Jordan chuckled, directing the straw to my mouth and I pulled the cup out of his hold, narrowing my eyes at him.

What had he been thinking.

  The rate at which my taste buds were awakened when a drop fell on my tongue was fulfilling. The smoothie was everything I anticipated and more. A hint of fresh mint, cacao powder and almond milk with chunks of blueberries.

The distinct taste of rolled oats was all in there. I didn't even realize my eyes were closed as I savoured the taste.

Until I heard Jordan clearing his throat amusedly. My eyes immediately flew open, questioning him.

  "Just a sip huh?"

"Er... I mean, can you blame me? This is ridiculously smoothie-licious."

      "It really is,"Jordan laughed. Now I was contemplating having it to myself or handing it back.

  "Oh, you can have it."

Ah, he knew me too well.

But I didn't want to seem greedy so I handed it to him, urging him to have some.

"C'mon, you know you wanna try it."I mimicked, waggling my brows.

My heart literally shot out of me when instead of taking it outta my grasp, Jordan clasped his hand around mine and guided the straw to his lips, all the while holding my gaze.

My face was pretty much devoid of expression as I fixated at his alluring lips and the manner in which his apple bobbled.

Guy is freaking teasing me!

He made me have the rest to myself and we continued talking, chuckling.

Midway into sipping, my body pulled into an abrupt stop as I looked down.

I had shared the same straw with Jordan.

Which technically meant we had swapped saliva. And technically, technically again, it was literally equivalent to kissing him..

I froze, my eyes making it's way to his face.

Perfectly sure that all the blood had rushed to my cheeks, I quickly made a dart away from his face before he caught me staring but that's when he glanced up from his phone and at my face.

His lips curved into a lopsided grin that I could've only imagined from the corner of my eye and then he shook his head amusedly, pulling to his feet.

    "Let's go explore another place."