Episode 6.2 - Where's the Honey, Lebowski?

Start from the beginning

His Spectre Boots running out of thrust, he grappled to a grassy wall, but at that moment the Man Eater had stretched over to him to try to take a bite out of him. He stabbed out at it with his Muramasa, pushing it backwards, then swung his Blue Moon around and thrust it out a few times before eventually also destroying it, its head bursting apart into greenery and its vine falling limp to the ground.

Robyn and Sid landed next to him.

"The Underground Jungle's full of deadly baddies," Sid said.

"I've been poisoned," Robyn said.

"WHAT?" William found himself shouting, louder than he'd intended.

She stared down at the ground. William could see her armour was glowing with a slight green tinge and red number 1's were constantly popping up from it.

"It'll wear off after some time," Sid said. "Don't worry about it too much."

William sighed in relief. "So what are we looking for?"

"This was about as far as I got last time," Sid said. "Before deciding to go back and call in you guys. My best guess is that if we follow the trail of torches, we'll find whoever came down here."

"What if they're dead?" Robyn asked.

Sid paused.

"They could be."

William stared at his friends in silence.

It had been some time since they'd considered the bigger questions about the world – like how they'd gone from the real one to here, or what happened after they died. Their quests involving the Brain of Cthulhu and Skeletron as well as building the villages for the citizens had taken up most of their attention.

But thinking about it at that moment, the one thing he knew for sure was that he did not want either of his friends to die. He and Sid had started out as rivals, but Sid had quickly become one of his most trusted allies and friends.

And he could say the same for Robyn too.

But what Sid had told him... that kept sticking with him, and he found himself doubting what he had said but at the same time wondering... Did he like her? Was it possible?

I mean, how am I supposed to even know if I... like someone? He thought to himself. From what he could remember from the real world, it always sounded like a big deal. But in practise... he had no clue, and nothing to go off of. Aside from perhaps some of the other citizens, like the Mechanic and the Goblin Tinkerer, but even then he still wasn't sure what caused them to be... attracted to each other.

If only I could see what you looked like more, he thought, casting a glance to her silver helmet.

They delved deeper into the Jungle. Sid spotted a small shrine built from gold bricks that contained a chest that appeared to be covered with ivy, however the chest was mostly empty – the previous human must've already looted it. However, on the other side of that same cavern was what appeared to be a large mahogany tree carving itself through the mud. When Sid dug into the trunk, he found another chest, this one actually appearing unlooted. It contained an item named the Feral Claws, which he gave to William because it enabled him to swing his swords faster.

"The torches lead in here," William said, pointing to what appeared to be another dug-out tunnel, this one leading horizontally. He, Sid and Robyn walked through it before emerging into another large cavern, however William found himself stepping on some sticky yellow blocks.

"What the..." he muttered, trying to jump from the blocks but barely able to get more than a metre off the ground.

Sid picked up one of the blocks with his pickaxe.