ʟɪɪ ᴀɴɴᴀʙᴇᴛʜ | ꜱᴜʙꜱ ʀᴜɪɴ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ

Start from the beginning

Leo cackles.

"Okay, positions everyone!" calls Piper.

Nico groans as he gets out of his seat. Annabeth thought he'd be more excited to see his half-sister get married, but it's also a comfort knowing that she's not the only one who's totally not into this.

And now she's the maid of honor? What's she supposed to do? Straighten out Hazel's dress or something? Hold the bridal bouquet?

Rachel and Nico stand side by side against the door.

Leo waves out the window. "Hi, Jay-Jay! Look how handsome he is!" He continues to make faces at Jason.

"Annabeth?" Piper asks.

"Yeah?"

"We need Hazel."

"And?" That sure doesn't sound like Annabeth's problem.

"You're the maid of honor. You have to go find her."

"Fuck you, McLean."

Annabeth rushes to the kitchen. If she were getting cold feet before a wedding, where would she be? Oh, she'd be lying on the kitchen floor in the fetal position eating those delicious-

"Subs?" Hazel shrieks. The refrigerator's massive door is open and Hazel is staring at its contents in disbelief.

Annabeth smiles. "Isn't it great?"

"Annabeth?" Hazel asks. "What are you doing here?"

"Piper said the maid of honor has to get the bride, so uh, here I am?"

"Oh my gods," Hazel says. "This is just like that episode of Glee where Sue shows up to Emma and Will's wedding wearing the same dress as Emma! Oh, gods, this is horrible!"

Annabeth snaps her bra strap against her collarbone. This can't be real. "I can't decide if I'm offended or concerned about your taste in television..."

Hazel chuckles a little. "Nico made me watch it. It was horrible."

"Woah," Annabeth says. "Will made me watch it."

"We gotta get them back together," Hazel says.

Annabeth verbally agrees, only because this is Hazel's special day and she should be making Hazel happy right now. That's what maids of honor do, right?

She doesn't feel very honorable, so she at the very least closes the fridge.

"C'mon, Hazel. Forget about the subs. I'll even take the leftovers if you want," says Annabeth. "But you gotta, like, get married. I mean, only if you want to. It's easier than getting a divorce later-"

"Okay! Stop talking!" shouts Hazel. "Let's go before you freak me out even more!"

"Well, that's not the spirit, but it's a spirit!"

"I said stop talking!" Hazel says in a sing-song voice.

Annabeth falls back into line next to Percy.

"Holy shit, you did it!" Piper exclaims.

Annabeth rolls her eyes.

The music starts playing outside. Wedding music or death march? It's a grey area at this point.

Annabeth wipes her sweaty palms against her dress and tries to take a deep breath. Her exhale comes out a little shakier than normal. Fuck, she sounds like she's trying not to cry.

"Forgetting something?" Percy asks, holding up a purple and white bouquet, identical to the arrangements that Piper and Rachel are holding.

Annabeth grunts and takes the bouquet. Is it hot in here? It's definitely hot in here. That's weird though because the air conditioning is deafeningly loud.