Thirty one.

Emily looks at Alec and smiles softly "you want me to get him to leave?" I shake my head and stand up "no I'm good." She nods firmly and nods towards the kitchen "i will grab us water and we can still go shopping?" I nod agreeing and stick my bag down "OK." She rubs my arm before walking into the kitchen.

I look at Alec as he tells the taxi driver to leave. I walk towards him and he shrugs "are you OK?" I nod firmly and sit on the steps "it was a crazy night and a lot to take in." He sits beside me and laughs nervously "I bet."

I shrug and look at him "why didn't you just tell me?" He looks at me and smirks "because I like you and didn't want to scare you away?" I look towards the ground and laugh nervously "so you and Cara?" He places his hands on mine "there is no me and Cara, not any more."

I raise my eyebrow and scoff "any more.?" He shrugs and looks at me "we used to sleep together but that was way before we even met and a few weeks ago was a mistake." I look at the floor and shrug "weeks ago?" He nods and looks at me "that was why she was off work? She had an abortion." I move back and look at him in horror "she was pregnant? Did you make her get an abortion?!"

I stand up and he shakes his head "do you really think I would do that?" I shrug and look at him "its obvious I don't know you at all?" He stands up and shakes his head "because I didn't tell you what I did for work?" I scoff and shake my head "it isn't just work though is it? Its your whole life!" He takes a deep breath and nods slowly "maybe I should just leave and give you space." I step back and look towards the ground "i think that would be a good idea." He kisses my forehead and I close my eyes. "I'm sorry." He takes a deep breath before walking away.

I head back inside the house and take a deep breath before closing the door. Emily walks towards me and smiles softly "cocktails?" I smirk and nod agreeing "that sounds perfect." She grabs her bag and opens the front door "good."

As we get into town Emily's phone rings. She looks at me and rolls her eyes "its Claudia." I shrug and look towards the cocktail bar "i will meet you inside?" She nods and smiles "OK." I head inside as she answers the phone.