"I came to see how you were doing," he answered, body staying completely still as he met your eyes. "I also wanted to see what you were planning on doing." Your eyes briefly flickered to his pocket as he spoke, the grip of a gun sticking out of his bulging pocket was hard to not notice. 

"I'm doing as best as I can despite having my feelings hurt," you answered softly while slowly getting up, making sure to meet his eyes again. "And what do you mean by what I'm planning on doing?" You asked, readying your quirk as he began to answer.

"I want to know if you plan on leaving us after...my stunt," he answered with a small hint of shame. 

"What for?" You asked with great hostility, immediately activating your quirk - the hallucination you cast wrapped his entire body in a black sheet, keeping his arms and legs at his side. He held a shocked expression and began writhing about as if he could actually free himself. "What were you planning on doing if I am deciding to leave?" 

You walked to his form, still slightly struggling against the tight pressure to his body. There was nothing he could do, it wasn't his conscious brain being affected by your quirk - so even knowing you were using it, he couldn't move. As for you, though you could see your quirk's effects, you had learned to be able to penetrate it - your hand easily slipping into his hidden pocket and grabbing the pistol. 
You held it in front of your face, examining it, before looking back at his scowling expression. 

"Does this have Hiru's bullets in it?" You asked while checking the magazine. His silence was loud enough. "You were going to test them on me, huh? You don't even know if they work...or if they're safe." He watched as you placed the gun on a nearby dresser, you keeping your eyes on him to make sure he'd stay bound. "The funny thing is, after what you pulled...and even after this...I'm staying," you chuckled at what was likely a stupid decision. "That's how badly I want to get rid of this quirk. That alone proves my loyalty, but can you do the same for me?" You released your hallucination, his body relaxing and breathing deeply from the relief.

The two of you locked eyes for a few seconds, your expression calm and his determined though half-hidden behind his cloth mask. 
You didn't react or follow him with your eyes as he stormed past you, picking up the loaded pistol and moving directly in front of you until he stood with his feet slightly apart and shoulders hunched over as if he were bracing for something.
You had been tortured, mentally and physically, nearly your whole life, if not by others then your own self. Being threatened with death was not something that scared you any more; in fact, you almost welcomed it. 

But Chisaki did something else. Something unexpected.

In a single move, he turned the barrel against his forearm and pulled the trigger - barely wincing from pain as the needle penetrated his skin. 
Blood began to drip from the puncture as he tossed the gun away and ripped the needle-tipped bullet from his arm. He glared up at you, waiting for some kind of response other than your widened eyes.

To further test the serum, out of his own curiosity, he grabbed his wounded forearm and held tight and gave an attempt to activate his quirk. Nothing. And he wasn't feeling any different otherwise, no signs of falling ill.

"Kai..." you mumbled, completely surprised that he would risk his own useful quirk to prove himself.

"If Chrono's work is satisfactory, it shouldn't come back. I'll test it again in twenty-four hours," he said with a rough voice, walking to your nightstand and grabbing a tissue from its box to wipe up the blood still dripping from the wound.

"Why would you do that?" You asked through a hushed voice, panic all over your face. Though Chisaki made his thoughts about quirks clear, Overhaul was an incredibly powerful quirk and you knew that he'd otherwise keep it.