we should've sex and kiss and stuff

college roommates!jenlisa

Lisa and Jennie go out to dinner sometimes, after study group. Just the cheap on campus cafeteria, but the brunette needs to vent about the idiocy of the two idiots in her group and Lisa takes the time to set up her organizer for the week.

"Someday," Jennie is muttering, dark, "Someday I'll be free of these gen eds. I'm at the point where I'm anticipating organic chemistry, Lisa, I need you to take me seriously."

Her date makes a note in her phone, uncapped pastel highlighter in her mouth. "Mmhm," she agrees around it.

Jennie tips her flask into her mocha and pauses when Lisa doesn't make her usual disapproving grumble. She kicks her under the table and the taller jerks, her highlighter falling.

She glowers at Jennie. "Why?"

"I don't like it when I sin and you don't look down your nose at me."

Lisa rolls her eyes. She takes the flask out of Jennie's hands and drains it while she gapes.

"Thank you," she says politely, and presses it into Jennie's surprised limp hand.

"Wha–that was full."

Lisa licks her lips. "Yes," she agrees. Her face twists slightly. "Of cheap whiskey."

Jennie stares at her. "That–this is an extra large flask. It's for my purse–you just chugged like... eight shots."

"Mm," Lisa says. She recaps her highlighter and starts to pack away her things. "I'm going to take a walk along the river. Join me?"

"I better," Jennie mutters, picking up the mess of her own papers and notebooks and cramming it into her shoulder bag. "You're probably going to fall in and die."

//

The river walk is cold and gorgeous and with the sun starting to sink away beneath the horizon, not as crowded as it usually is. Jennie tucks her hands into her sleeves and then stuffs them into her pocket and watches, bemused, and Lisa fades from her usual stride to a wander, and then a bit of an amble. She trips and giggles to herself and Jennie catches her by the elbow.

"Easy there, slugger."

Lis shoots her a glare, devoid of its usual heat, and doesn't struggle out of her guiding hold. "I love the river," she says, and links their fingers. She makes a pleased noise when Jennie allows it and the later rolls her eyes as she fights a smile. "I do," she insists, even though Jennie hasn't argued. "I love the grey."

Matches your eyes, the brunette thinks. When you come in my room in the morning during the winter and your skin is steaming and the clouds blot out the sun. Your eyes match the sky before a blizzard.

"I do too," she says instead, and Lisa turns suddenly, catching her by surprise and walking her off the footpath until her back hits the trunk of a tree. "Lisa–"

Lisa's fingers touch her jaw, cradling and gently tipping it up. "Jennie," she answers, and she smells like her shitty whiskey and her own perfume, and her kiss is so so soft. Noses brushing when she switches sides and her fingers slipping into Jennie's hair, the brunette's hand frozen on her elbow.

Jennie breaks the kiss. "Hold on, I–woah!" She catches Lisa as her knees buckle, she's smiling into her collarbone where her shirt as fallen down. "I swear, if you say anything along the lines of 'you make me weak'..."

Lisa hums and giggles and noses at Jennie's neck while she drags them back down the path, stumbling to pour Lisa into the passenger seat of her car. The streetlights have come on and the gold rectangles stutter on Lisa's face, her jacket, the twisted strap of her bag.