i should thank my friend

"Babe, she's seriously going to hurt you."

"Stop it. If anything, she's going to thank me."

"If you say so. Just let me know what hospital to send the flowers to."

"Oh my God, babe, you're so dramatic."

Jennie furrowed her brow at the sound of her best friends bickering in their brand-new kitchen. The trio had just moved into a rental home courtesy of Jisoo's parents. To celebrate, they decided to throw a house warming party. As she stepped further inside, it became clearly evident that Jisoo had planned on this being party of the year. Their kitchen island was covered with stacks of red cups and various types of alcohol.

The conversation ceased when Jennie cleared her throat to signal her presence. The two women turned to her with large nervous smiles plastered on their lips. "What's going on?" She questioned, patting her damp hair with a towel. She took cautious steps further into the kitchen, observing her friends suspiciously.

Jisoo turned and picked up two filled red cups from the counter. "Kim!" She greeted, holding the two cups in the air. "We're pregaming." She lowered the cup and offered it to her.

"How was your shower?" Rosé asked, nudging her playfully. "How about that water pressure?"

Jennie eyed her for a moment then sighed. She tossed the towel over her shoulder and accepted the cup from Jisoo. "Okay. Why are you two acting weird?"

The women exchanged a glance with a mirrored shrug. Rosé brought her cup to her lips and muttered incoherently. "We're not acting weird." Jisoo defended, earning an eye roll from Jennie. "You should try your drink. It's really good."

Jennie glanced over at Rosé again. The taller continued to hide behind her cup, adverting her eyes from the brunette's stare. Her brown eyes narrowed as she studied her friend. After a moment, Rosé caught her stare. She smiled innocently behind her cup.

Her friend took a large drink, grimacing as the liquid made its way down her throat. "Yum." She croaked, her face scrunched.

"Your reaction tells me exactly that." Jennie huffed a laugh as she peeked inside the cup and took a sniff. Her nose scrunched up. "What in it?"

"Try it." Jisoo urged, motioning for her to take a sip.

She quirked an eyebrow as she brought the drink to her lips. She paused. "If I try this, will you tell me why you're acting like a couple of weirdos?"

Jisoo rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Just try it." She watched as Jennie brought the cup closer to her lips, tipping her head back to allow the liquid to sting her throat. "Oh, hey, by the way." She waved her hand dismissively. "I invited Lisa tonight."

Jennie took in a sharp breath which caused her to choke on her drink. She spit it back into her cup as she attempted to breath and cough at the same time. She held up her finger trying to speak which proved to be impossible while gasping for air. Rosé hurried to her side and patted her back.

"You okay, Kim?" She asked, shooting a look at Jisoo who innocently raised her shoulders. She watched as her roommate continued to gasp for air.

Jennie raised her hand, coughing hard one time as she took in a final sharp breath. "You did what?" She croaked, straightening back up and meeting Jisoo's eyes.

"I invited Lisa—Lalisa Manoban." Jisoo casually grabbed Jennie's towel off of her shoulder and began wiping the counter.

"Why would you do that?" She scolded, wiping the corner of her mouth with her thumb.

"Because she's new and she didn't have any plans tonight so why not?" Jisoo shrugged her shoulder. "Also, I'm really tired of watching you drool over her when you come to my practices." She chuckled when Jennie shot her a look.