Chapter 24

They headed north, to Stohess. Erwin was so nervous meeting (y/n)'s family. He hadn't met them officially before, and he's going to meet them now, after what he did to (y/n). She tried her best to calm him down.

They arrived and found Erwin's father sitting with (y/n)'s family, Abel was also there.
Nifa was the one who opened the door for (y/n) and Erwin.
She hugged (y/n) and looked at Erwin suspiciously then said: "come in"

"Oh hi Mr. Smith." (Y/n) said when saw him, confused a little.
"Hello young lady." He replied.
"Hey Abel" (y/n) waved at him and he greeted back.
She cleared her throat and said: "So everybody, this Erwin. Erwin, that's my family."
She didn't have any idea what their reaction would be.
Erwin and Mr. (L/n) shaked hands.
The air was heavy, they all looked at Erwin but he didn't flinch.
"Sooo.. ehm.. Mr. Smith, you know my family?" (Y/n) said, breaking the silence.
"No, Erwin asked me to be here actually. I don't know why though."
"He wanted your protection from Pa." Nifa said, playfully.
"He knows he can't depend much on that." Mr. Smith said and looked at Erwin, "so what is it, son?"
Erwin took a deep breath and started to talk:
"I don't know where to start but let me start by saying that I'm sorry. I know you all have hard feelings for me, but I'm sure that I can change that and make you forgive me. What I did was.. well.. it was bad and.."
(Y/n) held his hand tightly, encouraging him.
"and I'm really sorry. And I'm here to make up for what I have done. And I'll start proving that now."
He looked at (y/n).
"(Y/n) (L/n), you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. You're something else. And I know that I've hurt you, but I do regret it so much. Your forgiveness was the best thing that happened to me after finding and loving you. Everyday with you is a day that has a meaning. I know that our relationship was a bit weird from the start, but it's unique. And I know we haven't been together officially that much but.."
He let go of her hand and got on one knee, pulling out a ring that (y/n) didn't have any idea about.
"Will you marry me?"
(Y/n) covered her mouth with her hands and her eyes started to water.
"Will you spend the rest of your life with me? Raise our children together? Yes, children, cause we're not stopping before the fifth or something."
(Y/n) laughed at the last sentence. She forgot where she was or that her family was watching, she didn't see or hear anything except for Erwin.
"So?" Erwin said, his eyes filled with hope. She nodded and took a second to find her voice to say: "yes.. yes, Erwin! I do. Of course I do."
He smiled widely and put the ring in her finger, standing up and holding her tight.
They all started cheering for them and they were so surprised, no one expected Erwin to propose, they were just waiting for his apology and some promises that hopefully he would fulfill.

It was an amazing night, Mr. Erwin was proud of his son, and (y/n)'s parents felt that she was safe and Erwin was a real man and they were ready to forgive him.

Erwin and (y/n) felt like walking on a cloud, everything felt light. They made a promise that whatever happens, they would figure it out, together.

THE END