Chapter 2

It is late spring now, the weather is perfect, not very hot so sweat is everywhere and not so cold that you have to wear layers of clothes. (Y/n) always likes that weather.

One day Erwin popped to her saying: "Hey (y/n), are you free tonight?"
Ok, that was not a very comfortable question for (y/n) because she kind of.. she kind of likes Erwin, as like like.
She doesn't know when it started, but somehow she began to look at him differently. She began to be a little uncomfortable around him, and caught herself imagining what it is like to hold his hand or to wake up finding him beside her.

"(Y/n)?" He said after she didn't reply.

"Ehm sorry, yeah I don't have anything to do, why?"

"Well, there is this little business party with other startups like ours, Hange should have come with me but she cancelled and suggested you go with me instead. It'll be fun, what do you say?"

"Ummm, okay" she said a little blushing and hopping he didn't notice. But he did and couldn't understand why.

"Ok great, I'll pick you up at 8. Will you send me your address?"

"Sure, but.."
"But what?"
"What should I wear?"
"Oh, it's nothing very fancy, a night dress will be perfect" he said and smiled at her.
"Ok, see you then" she said and went back to work.

'you're going out with Erwin! Omg omg! Why did I say yes? But wait, that doesn't mean anything, I'm just going with him because Hange couldn't, he didn't even choose me, it was her IDEA.
But I think that's better, I don't want things to be weird between us or something.
Ok (y/n), you got this. You're just going out with a friend. A friend who you have a crush on but we'll forget this fact tonight.'

She started getting dressed the minute she got home. Taking a shower, doing her hair, applying makeup and perfume. 'I hope I'm not overdoing it' she thought as she wore a blue dress. It was a short sleeve dress and knee length. It's back a little low but not very revealing.

At 8 p.m. exactly Erwin was waiting for her.

"You look great" he said smiling once he saw her.
"Thank you, you too actually" she said a little blushing. But she was so happy, even if it didn't mean anything, it was just like she imagined.

***

The party was at some Villa owned by some businessman who funds promising startups.

They sat together on a table after getting themselves something to eat and drink.
"So no alcohol?" Erwin said.
"Yeah, I know it's weird, but I've seen a lot of situations that I don't want to end up in." she said, taking a bite from her food. She was really hungry after a long day of work.
"You have some concepts that I really appreciate (y/n). And good will to stick with them also"
"Thank you Mr. Smith"
"Nooo, can you please drop the "Mr."?" He said with kind of puppy eyes. And she couldn't help but admire his expression.
"Okay then Smith" she said smiling.
"A lot better. I'm not that old or that formal"
"I know, but I just like to keep my boundaries"
"I've never met someone like you before"
"I hope that you don't hate me for being a little strict"
"Hate you? No no not at all. It was a compliment. I'm saying you're special"
She smiled at him and looked at some people dancing. She was trying to avoid his gaze a little.
'you're doing fine (y/n), he is just a friend' she reminded herself.
"Would you like to dance?"
"What?"
"Come on" he said and stood up taking her hands before she could protest.
He put one hand on her waist and held her hand with the other, while she put her other hand near his shoulder as she couldn't reach his neck. He is just tall and even with her heels she's still small besides him.
'He smells so good'

"You know how to dance" he said, noticing how she was moving with him in sync.
"My mom taught me and my sister and we loved it" she replied looking up meeting his gaze for moments then looked away again.
"I learned in school as I participated in drama shows"
"Of course you were the prince"
He chuckled and she looked at him.
'God, he is so beautiful and his smile is so sweet'
"I bet you were shy in school" he said after a minute.
"Yeah a little, but I had my friends and so. I wasn't some quiet girl who got bullied."
"I'm sure you were tough and no guy could approach you."
"Well, you're not so wrong. I had my first boyfriend at college"
"Mmmmmmm" he just hummed and pulled her closer as she rested her head on his chest.
She wished she could stay at this moment forever.
The song changed to (sway).
"It's my favourite!" She said excitedly.
"Me too"
And oh, it was like a disney movie. It was like they practiced this dance together many times before. They were just so in sync, and (y/n) felt nothing but his hands in hers and the music.
"Well, that was really fun." he said after they finished.
"I think we nailed it." she proudly said.
They returned to their seats.
"I will take another drink and then we can go" Erwin said
"I don't think it's a good idea, you're driving, remember?"
"Mmmmm fine. Let's go on then"
Erwin then greeted some friends of his and grabbed her hand till they reached the car.
She didn't feel weird or anything, she felt like this all was normal, like they do this all the time.

"I had such a good time tonight (y/n). I'm glad Hange couldn't make it" he said, smiling at her.
"Me too really, thank you Smith"
"Maybe one more night like this and I'll convince you to call me Erwin" he said and chuckled.
"Maybe" she said, shrugging.
"Good night Smith"
"Good night (y/n)"
Then she left the car and went to her apartment.
She was floating. The world may end now and she won't feel it. She still can feel his hand and smell his scent. She fell in love with him before knowing it. But she didn't care at that moment about anything.
She slept like a baby that night with a big smile on her face.

***

Little that she knew how much Erwin wanted to kiss her good night but didn't dare. Well, he didn't think of her in that way until tonight, it just felt different. And the way she looked at him, her innocent and loving look was attracting him.
He decided that he will talk to Hange about it when he meets her.

***

"What do you know about (y/n), Hange?" Erwin asked Hange when she was in his office.
"She's my friend's sister.. mmmmmm.. she's a sweet girl really, I've known her for a while. What exactly do you want to know"
"She's just different and I think I like her but I don't want her to get me wrong"
"Oh wow" Hange said winking at him.
"Stop it Hange we're not at school" he said annoyed.
"Sorry sorry, couldn't help it" she said laughing, "Well, she's a little strict yes, but she had a boyfriend in college but they broke up because they didn't feel "it's meant to be" as I can remember"
"Yeah she told me about her boyfriend"

"Erwin" Hange called him after a couple of moments catching his attention.
"There's something you should know before making any move. I'm not sure I should tell you but I think you deserve to know."
"What is it, Hange?"
"(Y/n) has some strict rules"
"Yeah I know"
"You know she's a virgin?"
"Really? Not so amazed though"
"She wants to be until marriage"
"WHAT?!"
"Yup, here you go. Nifa told me that one time and I think you should respect her choice anyway."
"She's so complicated. I don't know if I want to get involved with all of that"
"She's a good girl who doesn't want to break her heart, Erwin"
"Yeah, I see her reasons"
"Good luck anyway"
Hange then left, and he kept thinking whether he should ask (y/n) out or just forget about it.

***