Chapter 21

Hange's and Moblit's wedding was in mid May. Of course both of Erwin and (y/n) were invited, and none of them could miss that day.

(Y/n) and Nifa were shopping for the dresses. As (y/n) still not showing yet, she got herself a slightly tight dress, knee length, and short sleeves. It was a yellow dress.
They were ready to go home, when they met one of the least people (y/n) wishes to meet, Zeke Jäger.
"Oh, hi baby girl" he greeted, still calling her that.
"Hello Zeke." She replied curtly.
"This is Zeke Zeke?" Nifa asked.
"Yes, I am Zeke Zeke. And you are?"
"Nifa, her sister."
"It's an honour to meet you." he said delightedly.
"So, I've heard the news. Congratulations. Have you thought of the name Zeke?" He said, mocking her.
"Thanks and no." She wanted to end this situation quickly. "We have to go now, it was nice meeting you."
"You chose him over me and see what happened? You let him do what you didn't let me, saint (y/n) turned to a slut. I bet he didn't make you feel good."
(Y/n) wanted to cry, but she couldn't let him see.
"Hey! What do you want from her? Fuck off" Nifa yelled at him.
He laughed and said: "I don't want anything at all. I'm just.. ah.. gloating? Bye bye, baby girl." He said and lit a cigarette then went away.

(Y/n) started crying instantly.
"Hey, don't get bothered by him. He's a jerk."
"No, Nifa, he's right. I broke my rules for Erwin and look where it got me."
Nifa didn't know what to say, she hugged her till she calmed down and went home.

***

The wedding day!
All the women were with Hange, helping her get dressed and do her hair and makeup.
Mikasa, Sasha, Nanaba, Nifa, and (y/n).
The wedding was at the garden of Hange's and Moblit's new house, it was outside Trost itself but still not far from their work.
(Y/n) was so anxious about meeting Erwin, but she tried her best to focus on being happy for Hange.
Hange was excited and bouncing, she was really happy.
"I'M GETTING MARRIED!" She would say every couple of minutes, making them laugh and try to calm her down.

(Y/n) met the rest of her team, and knew that Armin had asked Annie out, finally! Only to know that she had a crush on him for a long time and didn't say too.

The weather was perfect, the sun rays provided the perfect light and warmth. There were flowers everywhere.
They took tons of photos.
When Hange heard the word "Now, you may kiss the bride" she was the one who rushed and kissed Moblit.
All of her friends were touched and wished them all the happiness.

As for Erwin, he was trying his best to avoid (y/n). He knew he had to act and do something, but at the same time he couldn't face her. Until his eyes landed on her, he froze. He felt as if he never saw her that beautiful before. The dress, the hair, the make up, everything about her was perfect. And she was carrying his child. He wanted to run to her, take her and go far away. He watched her talk and laugh, he couldn't take his eyes away from her.

(Y/n) decided that she had to locate Erwin's position, so that she can always avoid him. When she saw him the first time, her heart ached so much. She missed him madly. She took a couple of seconds gazing at his suit. He was wearing a black suit with white shirt and blue cravat, the one she got him. The suit suited him perfectly, making him look very attractive. But she looked away, not letting herself take more of him. But from time to time she would glance at him unwillingly. She caught two girls trying to flirt with him, but he wasn't interested at all.

***

"May I say that your dress is so beautiful on you?" Some black man approached (y/n) and asked her politely, making her blush shyly.
"Thank you.."
"I'm Onyankopon, Hange's friend."
"Hello, I'm (y/n). My sister is Hange's friend, and I worked with her and Moblit for some time."
"I didn't know that Hange has some pretty friends like you."
"You're sweet, Onyankopon. Thank you for your compliments."
"Would you like to have a drink with me?"
"Ummm, sorry I can't."
"Are you taken? I didn't see you with someone, sorry if I had crossed a line."
He was so polite, making (y/n) smile at him.
"No, I'm not. But I.. I just don't drink."
"No pressure then. Blessed to talk to you."
"Good luck next time." She said laughing and he left.
Her eyes then landed on Erwin, and their eyes met. He seemed angry. She looked away quickly and went to get something to eat, only to meet Onyankopon again.
"I think you couldn't resist my charms." He told her.
"Haha, no no. I'm here to get food.. I mean you're charming, but that's not.."
"It's okay, calm down." He laughed. "Still can't get over you being that beautiful and alone."
"I just have my reasons."
"Feel free to share them."
She sighed. "I'm pregnant."
"Oooh, I see. Congratulations, I guess?"
"Thank you."
"Still, at least I can get a dance with you. What do you say?"
"She's not interested." That was from Erwin. He wrapped one arm around (y/n)'s shoulders. And she felt dizzy. Erwin heard their conversation and didn't think much, he was defending his territory. He was so jealous, not only because there was a man flirting with her, but also because there was a man that could talk to her and he couldn't.

Her voice escaped her, she didn't move.
"And you are?" Onyankopon thought maybe he's (y/n)'s brother, since she said she was alone.
"Erwin Smith, the father." He said, firmly.
"O.K. this seems to be more complicated than I expected. See you around then, (y/n)." He said and left.
(Y/n) slowly got out of Erwin's arm and started walking away, but he held her hand.
"Please." That was all he could say.
"Let go of my hand." (Y/n) said quietly, looking away from him.
"Just listen to me, please." He pleaded.
"No, Erwin! I won't listen. Now let go of my hand, I don't want to make a scene for Hange."
"(Y/n), I swear to god, I love you. Just listen to me for the last time."
Her eyes started to water, 'I knew I shouldn't have come.'
She looked directly in his eyes. "I said I won't listen. You don't get to have another chance, you blew them all up."
He saw how much hurt she was in her eyes, and let go of her.

***