Chapter 6

Couple of months went by, nothing unusual happened. (Y/n) focused on her work and spent time with her family and her friends. Actually they started to become a new family to her.
It was Hange's birthday. Moblit asked Erwin if they could make her a surprise as he wanted the day to be special.
Hange forgot that it's her birthday -typical Hange-, they all wondered what she would do without Moblit, he's the one who always takes care of her.
They decorated the office, putting balloons everywhere. The cake was made special for Hange, and they printed some pictures of her with them.
She arrived at the office, finding Moblit waiting for her at the door.
"Hey babe" she said, giving him a quick peck on his cheek "is it someone's birthday today?" She said looking at the balloons.
"It's yours, Hange" he said, chuckling.
"Oh, really?"
"Happy birthday, love" he said, guiding her inside and she started bouncing like a little kid finding all of her friends waiting for her to celebrate her 30th birthday.
After she blew out the candles and they all cheered, Moblit called her, catching her attention.
"Hange"
"Yes, dear"
He held both her hands in his, facing each other. She could sense that he was a bit nervous.
"You're the craziest woman I've seen, you didn't even remember your birthday" they all were looking at them now, smiling and giggling.
"You're so energetic, smart, and your eyes always have that look, like a curious baby"
Hange was so confused and didn't know what to do as he continued.
"You can't take care of yourself, forgetting to eat, or even sleep. Always looking for your glasses when you're wearing them"
"Hey!" She said embarrassed by all of this.
"And I love taking care of you, I want to take care of you for the rest of my life, I want to be beside you, grow old with you"
He said and got down on one knee which made Hange gassp, not just her. Their friends were watching, so touched.
"Hange Zoë, will you marry me and make me the happiest man alive?"
He said and opened a ring box.
"M-Moblit!" She said and her eyes started tearing. "Are you sure you want to marry me??" She couldn't believe what was happening.
"It's the only thing I'm sure of." he replied, waiting for her answer. "So? What do you s-?"
"YES!" She didn't let him finish. "I do, Moblit. Of course I do!"
He put the ring on her finger and she didn't wait for him to get up to kiss him.
They were so beautiful, even Mikasa was touched.
(Y/n) was almost crying from happiness for them. They were made for each other.

Of course they all started working late that day, and Erwin let Moblit and Hange leave early.

(Y/n) couldn't stop thinking about them and wondering if she can find love like them. She had always found them cute, with Hange being so impulsive and Moblit being so caring.

She also liked Mikasa and Eren, they were childhood friends. Armin told (y/n) their story one day. Mikasa has been so protective of Eren and that iterated him somehow, until they were 19 when Eren realized that he's madly in love with her.

"I wish I have what they have one day" (y/n) told Armin.
"Yeah, me too. But I don't think that will happen to me" he replied
"Why do you say that?"
"I don't know, but I think I'm not easily noticed, you know? No girl will look at me and say: that one is special"
"Oh Armin. That's not true! You're very special, how couldn't you see that? You’re so smart and sweet. I'm sure you'll find her. You deserve that"
"Thank you, (y/n)" he said, smiling.

***

After more weeks that went by, (y/n) began to believe that she didn't have feelings for Erwin. She still found him interesting and all, but she felt that she moved on.

It was his birthday. She bought him a blue cravat as a present because she remembered when he told her he wanted to get one.
She wasn't planning on getting him a present, she was walking at the Reeves Mall and saw the cravat and thought of him.
But she didn't give him the present. She didn't really know why, but she just felt like not doing it.
'It's for the best. The more I avoid unnecessary interaction with him, the better' she thought.