Chapter 9

Time went by, (y/n) got used to her leg but she couldn't wait for the plaster cast to be removed and for the Christmas break.

The day was Tuesday. It was near Christmas then. There were another two working days before the Christmas break. (Y/n) was alone in the office finishing some work. She wanted to make sure that she finishes all her tasks within the remaining days.

"Hey beautiful"
"Omg Zeke! You scared the hell out of me!" She said, shocked a little but then laughed.
"What are you doing here? You shouldn't be here"
"I missed you" he shrugged and then kissed her.
"You were smoking." she said annoyed.
"Sorry. I ran out of mint, do you have some?"
"I think you'll find some in my bag." She said and faced her laptop to save her work and be ready to leave.

"What are you doing?" (Y/n) asked when zeke started to massage her shoulder.
"Helping you relax." he said directly in her ears in a husky voice.
"Zeke, we're in the office. Please stop."
"No one's here, babe. Don't worry"
He started kissing her neck and tried to open the first button of her shirt. But she held his arms to stop him gently. "I said please stop, I'm not comfortable, Zeke"
"Why are you always like that, huh? Whether we are at the office or not" he said and she was facing him now.
"I think we talked about that, and I made myself very clear"
Zeke just got close to her and pinned her arms to the chair. His face was very close to hers.
"ZEKE! let me go"
"No"
"Are you out of your mind? You shouldn't be here in the first place."

She tried to get up but he was strong and her broken leg didn't help either.
He started kissing her neck again.
"Just relax, you're gonna love it. I've told you before that I know how to deal with beautiful ladies."
"I don't want to, Zeke! GET OFF ME"
(y/n) started to panic, she didn't know what was wrong with him and why he was acting like that.
Suddenly Zeke got off her.

It was Erwin! He grabbed Zeke from his jacket and threw him away.
"I think she told you to stop"
Zeke stood up and adjusted his clothes.
"You shouldn't have done that" Zeke said, threatening.
"And you shouldn't be here, how did you get in?"
Zeke laughed sarcastically and said "I guess your security system is as bad as your product"
"Zeke, please go now" (y/n) said, as she started crying. She caused a mess.
"Fine, beautiful. But I'll get what I want eventually" he said and started walking away.
"WE'RE OVER, ZEKE. DON'T TRY TO EVEN CALL ME." (Y/n) shouted at him.
He stopped walking and looked at her, then at Erwin, then continued walking away.

"I'm sorry" (y/n) said between her sobs.
Erwin got on his knees to be on her level.
"Hey, look at me. It's ok" He said, trying to comfort her.
She looked at him but she kept crying.
"I-I don't know what could've happened if you were not here. I thought I was alone. I thought he would-he.." she couldn't finish the sentence.
"I'm here and he's gone, that's the important thing now." Erwin said, then he got up and got her tissues to wipe her face.
"Thank you so much. I owe you"
"I didn't do anything, next time get me someone who can put up a fight" he said, laughing and she laughed too.
"Did you finish?" Erwin asked her about her work.
"For today, yes"
"Then let me drive you home"
"You don't have to, I'm fine now"
"I insist. Especially with this leg. I don't know how far you can get" he said, tapping on her broken leg.
She laughed again.
"Ok, let's go then"

***

In the car, she couldn't stop looking at him from time to time.
"What?" He said, keeping his eyes on the road.
"You know, about a year ago you were interviewing me"
"Really? Has it been a year already?"
"Yes"
"What was your first impression of me?" (Y/n) said after a couple of moments.
"Mmmmm, you want the truth?"
"Sure. But I'm scared now" she said, laughing nervously.
"I wasn't going to accept you"
"What??" (Y/n) was shocked. She didn't expect that.
"But you proved me wrong. Mike and Nanaba were right. You have the will to do whatever you want. And you are really a fast learner. The two weeks I worked directly with you I was impressed by your progress. Few people managed to change my first opinion about them like you did"
(Y/n) was smiling proudly and didn't say anything.

"He doesn't deserve you by the way" Erwin said after a few moments.
She looked at him and kept silent.
"Sorry if I crossed a line."
"No, no. You're right. But I'm done with him anyway. I just can't believe how someone could be that sweet at first and turn like that."
"Can I tell you something honest?"
"Should I be scared again?"
"Haha, I can shut up"
"No it's okay, tell me"
"You're so pure and naïve, (y/n)"
She didn't reply. She knows she's naïve and thinks only about the best case scenario.
"Don't get me wrong. You're smart and strong and everything. But you think the world is as pure and innocent as you. And let me tell you, it's simply not"
"I'm learning that the hard way." she said and sighed.
"I'm sorry, didn't mean to turn this ride to a life lecture"
"Haha. Not at all. I've always enjoyed talking to you, Mr. Erwin Smith, who didn't want to accept me and I proved him wrong" she said, mocking him.
"I'm glad you did. I believe in you." He said, pulling the car as they had arrived at (y/n)'s place.
"Do you want to come for coffee?" (Y/n) offered.
"I don't drink coffee that late, I won't sleep"
"I have tea, juice, water?"
"I don't think it's a good idea, (y/n)" he said, not looking at her and holding the wheel tightly.
"Oh, ok" she sighed "good night then. And thank you so much for saving me."
He just looked at her and smiled.
She got out of the car slowly, picked up her bag and crutch, and headed to her apartment.
"Want any help?"
"No I'm fine, thank you" she said, without looking at him and continued her way.

When she entered her apartment, she went straight to bed and started crying. She didn't know exactly why she was crying. Was it because of what Zeke did to her? Or because they were over? Or because Erwin turned her invitation down?
She was so tired and hungry, but she didn't have the energy to get up and eat. So she just slept without even changing her clothes.

***

Clumsy (y/n)! Erwin x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें