Chapter 1

(Y/n) is a beautiful young girl. From Stohess district. She's 22 years old. She has just graduated from college -Computer Science- a couple of months ago and was looking for a job.
Her older sister, Nifa, got her an interview at survey corps for integrated solutions start up, as her Friend Hange Zoë is working there.

The interview day was near Christmas and it was really cold. She picked the outfit the night before; black pants, white blouse, black heals and checkered black/white coat.
She woke up, took a hot shower to relax. She really wants this job, she has been looking for a while now.
After eating a light breakfast with coffee, she dressed and did her hair to a bun and applied a little bit of makeup.

'Oh god, please help me I really need this'
She prayed on her way to the office.

She was kind of lost and didn't know what to do until..
"Hey, you must by the interviewee for today" a blond boy appeared beside her
"Yes, hi! I'm (y/n) (l/n)"
"I'm Armin Arlert. You can call me Armin of course. I'll be your guide today" he said smiling.
"Your first interview will be with Mike Zacharias and Nanaba, follow me"
He guided her to a room and wished her luck.
"I'll be there when you finish"
"Thank you, Armin"
She entered the room to find a woman sitting and a man standing beside the door.
'Did he just sniff me?'
(Y/n) was so confused.
"It's a weird habit of his, don't worry." Nanaba said, chuckling.
After introducing everyone, they started asking her technical questions and she did pretty well for most of them.
"Thank you (y/n), you can wait outside till your next interview" Mike said.

The next interview was with Historia reiss.
It was an HR interview and Historia was so sweet with her.
"I know this is a bit of a cliché question, but why would we hire you?" she asked (y/n) with an encouraging smile.
"Well, I'm a hard worker, you can see that in my internships. I believe that if I really want to get something done then I'll find a way, I don't like excuses. Mmmmmm.. also I like this field, it's not just anything to do, I'm passionate about it"

"Very good (y/n), I really enjoyed interviewing you. Now for the last interview, it will be with Mr. Erwin Smith. I believe you'll do great"

'She is so sweet, no interviewer is as kind as her ever!'
"Thank you so much Historia" (y/n) said while getting out of the room.
She tried calling her Ms. Reiss in the interview but she insisted on being called Historia, especially that they're around the same age.

'ok (y/n) you're doing well so far, don't blow this up'
She took a deep breath as Armin led her to the next interview room.

He wished her luck for the third time and left her after entering the room.
"Have a seat, you must be (y/n) (l/n)"

"Yes that's me" (y/n) said sitting on a chair at the other side of the desk from Erwin.

"No need to be stressed, I just want to talk to you like everyone who's hired her." He said and (y/n) just smiled and nodded.
'you didn't say anything, what's wrong with you'
"I'm Erwin Smith, founder and CEO of this start up, but I really do any job that needs to be done" he said, chuckling a bit.
"It is really just a start up but we're getting bigger steadily and with good pace, your job will be mainly development of course, but you may consider that there's a lot to do" he paused waiting for (y/n) response.
She cleared her throat and said: "I'm aware of that, Hange has talked to me a lot about the environment here and that's what encouraged me to apply. And really, from the second I stepped here isn't so friendly and I'm having good feelings''
"Alright then, I'll just ask you a couple of questions and we'll be done shortly"
He mainly asked her about her hobbies, her college days, what career path she wants to follow.
"So that's it, we'll contact you after the Christmas break directly"
"Thank you so much Mr. Smith, goodbye" she said and left.

She felt so tired leaving the building, all the stress and the preparation from the days before, she really deserved a good break.

***

She received her acceptance email right after the Christmas break and she started working on January 15th.

She celebrated the good knews with her family. Little (y/n) has her own job now.

She rented a little apartment near her working place. She was really happy and thankful with this new beginning.

Her first week was a little bit overwhelming as she got to know everyone and what she will be working on.
Luckily for (y/n), her first day was also Historia's birthday. She was turning 24. The crew got her a cake and balloons. So the day was more fun for (y/n) and less stressful.

***

"So you'll be part of my team (y/n)" Nanaba told her as she began to introduce her to everybody.
"This is (y/n) everyone, she's smart and I think she'll be a good addition to our team." She continued then started to tell her their names.
"Connie Springer, Jean Kristien, Sasha Blouse, Marco Bott"
"Welcome (y/n)"
They all were very welcoming and she thanked them as she really felt that this is her place.

The days went on and she learned more and started to show her work.

After about two months Nanaba got sick and took some days off, which led to Erwin being in charge of (y/n)'s team. 'so that's what you meant when you told me he does whatever needs to be done'
(Y/n) felt sorry for him but at the same time she admired his hard work, she felt that he's very responsible and really cares about -not just his job- but also about his employees.

In this period (y/n) got to know Erwin better as she dealt with him everyday.

***

"And that will be it Mr. Smith" (y/n) said at the end of one of their meetings.
"You really insist on this "Mr." thing, it makes me feel old" he told her, chuckling a bit.
"Oh, if it's not a problem I'd like to keep that way"
"No pressure (y/n). You are really something different"
She just smiled and left.
She knew what he meant. Well, she just has some rules; no drinking, because it can lead to really embarrassing and regrettable situations, no sex before marriage because she wants more meaning to it other than just pleasure, so yeah, she's virgin.
Also her clothes are not revealing, she always likes to wear decent clothes with little make up.
Her co-workers -Including Erwin- were impressed by her though they couldn't understand her sometimes.
They really didn't drink that much or spend their time getting laid, but they are just more open than her. And she didn't have any problem with them anyway.

***