Chapter 47 - running away

Previously-

the gentle lullaby sending me of into the open sea of dreams.

Now-

I yawned as clear nudged me awake.

"Naru!" He whispered. "Naru get up! Hurry!" I sat up still sleepy.

"Wha- what is it?" Clear looked behind his shoulder and pulled me up onto me feet, and the slapped me quietly. "Hey! What was that for!" I said starting to get a little loud.

"Shhh! They will hear you!!" Clear said under his breath covering my mouth with his hand. I frowned, confused. Clear pulled me along, towards the window, it was cracked open. "Come on!" He said, pointing to the window. I shook my head and crept backwards.

"Mother wont like that." I said softly.

"Don you get it Naru? It doesn't matter what she thinks! We are running away!" My eyes widened and i stared at him and the window with new found hope. Hope which i hadn't even realized i had lost. "I have been workin for a long time to get the stupid thing open. Every night for years! Now, we can do it!" He said with a grin. "Come with me." I nodded.

"Mm! I'll come!" I said, and clear helped push up and through the incredibly tiny window. I squeezed through, barely fitting and lay on the ground for a moment before clear slipped out and was beside me. Helping me once more to my feet, we took off into the woods. We ran until are hearts felt as though they were going to explode.

"Come on Naru!! They could be right behinds us! Hurry!" I struggled to keep up. My legs were still injured from the last night and pulling the cart. But i did my best.

Finally we stopped near a river. I drank the crystal waters eagerly. And the liquid refreshed my dry mouth. Clears stomach rumbled and i laughed. He joined in laughing at his tummy to!

"Looks like someone is hungry!" I said still laughing.

"Yeah~ i guess so! Hehe!" Clear and i sat quietly on the banks of the river watching the waters gleam as sunlight was cast down upon the soft gurgling water. My hand flashed down into the water and came back up triumphant. A fish wriggled in my hand. We quickly killed it and i clear took off his shirt, rinsed it in the water to help get rid of the dirt and grime, and then wrapped this fish in it. I glanced at him curious.

"This way, i can eat it later after we have cooked it." He explained, noticing my look. "Come on. We need to get a little deeper into the woods, before we can make night camp." Clear said leading me deeper into the forest.

__________________________