Chapter 17 - Naruto back to Konoha

Previously-
A single tear slid free from gaara's pale green eyes.

"He has Me."
__________________________

Now-

Gaara was in his office trying to finish going over the file temari had given him yesterday, but thoughts of last night kept flowering in his head. The red head sighed and sat his pen down which had been scribbling on the paper only moments ago. The pale closed his eyes and spun to face the window. His pale green eye flicked open and he gazed out the window onto the sand, his face showing no signs of the turmoil which was his brain. Temari knocked on the door,

"Kazekage-same, i have come for the document which i gave to yesterday." When temari recieved no reply, her eyes narrowed and the strong woman grabbed her fan which she always carried on her back and went through the door silently. Temari's eyes scanned the room quickly before settling on the red headed leader in his chair facing the window. Temari relaxed, but only just.
"Gaara," she called, walking up to her little brother. He gmturned his chair to face her, before wordlessly putting the document he had been working on into the folder and handed it back to her. "Gaara." Temari said quietly before she exited. "Are you alright." Gaara pondered it for a moment before saying to his elder sister,

"Yes. Temari. I am well. You may leave now." Temari pursed her lip but didn't push it. She knew her stoic little brother would come to her in his own time, if not her, than Naruto. She sighed silently as she made her way down the hallway. Sometimes Temari wished she had normal brothers.

"Kazekage-sama, we have received a letter from the Hokage." A ninja said as he came through the door. Gaara sighed and rubbed his temple lightly.

"Very well. Set it on my desk, and then you may leave." The red head said in a flat monotone voice which he always seemed to speak in. "Knock next time." Gaara added as the ninja turned to leave. The ninja flushed and hurried out of the room. Gaara glanced down at the tube which carried to letter. He untied the cord which held the lid fast to the tube and pulled out a rolled up scroll. Gaara hesitated reading the scroll. Everytime he read something from that woman she is making some sort of jab towards his eyes or age or something. Of course Gaara knew she only did to mess with him. Still is not something Gaara overly enjoys. Though, it is partially his fault. She made that mistake only once and upon reading it he got a little, Well confused and angry. she explained and then started doing every time she sent a letter. It was quiet vexing to the redheaded kazekage.
__________________________

Dear Gaara,

Due to the lack of letters i presume there is not a very noticeable change in his moods or attitudes? However, i can not afford to have him stay away from the village. Something strange is going on around the forest and the damn elders of Konoha, want Naruto back incase there is an attack or something on the village, since his one of strongest ninja. Hehe. Many wouldn't have Thought he would ever be able to be considered the strongest. Haha! Anyway. Normally i would just ignore the elders, however in this case i agree with them. Never would have thought i would say that either. Back to the point. Gaara, i want you send Naruto back to Konoha, the evening you receive this letter.

In All Seriousness,
Tsunaide the Fifth Hokage.
__________________________
Gaara sighed upon reading the letter. She didn't make a jab at him. Just then his eyes caught sight of letters hidden in the bottom corner of the scroll.
__________________________

P.S. - you haven't taken my advice on the eyeliner have you? Gaara your not gunna get a wife if you keep that up, and if you do all your kids are gunna be cross dressers!!! You've been warned.
__________________________

Gaara groaned and leaned back in his chair for a moment before going to find Naruto so he could do as she asked. If something was up in the forest around Konoha, Naruto would want to be home doing all he could to protect his village. But still, the red head thought to himself, is there something in the water or something that makes the citizens of Konoha so....weird? Hmm. Next time team is in Konoha, he will have to run some tests on the water there and compare it to the water he in Suna.