"he wouldn't do that." I uttered. I didn't know how the deal went. So much happened. And I'm supposed to be happy right now. But instead, I'm dealing with this. Half sober.

"I negotiated, of course. I'm taking half a million from him."

Ah, pocket change. Lucky.

"are you going to stay with your sister?"

She nodded.

"for a while. Then I think I'll find a place on my own. But that doesn't matter. All I wanted to know is if there was another woman involved."

"you seemed very convinced that there was someone. Do you know something I don't?" I asked.

"oh no, definitely not. Your father just never seemed like he would want to leave me. Ever."

"I guess something changed." something did change. He met an incredible woman, who wanted him to be happy.

Though I hadn't met Valerie yet, I was certain she'd be a nice lady. I just had a gut feeling. My intuition, of course.

"well, I also must congratulate you. I hope he treats you well." she said, and glanced over at Axle.

"I'm confident he will. Thank you." I said, and smiled at her.

"just a word of warning, men like him, they feed on power. It's all they want. Be careful, Katerina. You're a smart girl. You're just too trusting. So watch out." she said, and made a dramatic exit.

I knew Axle, and I also knew that with time I'd get to know him better. This was just the beginning. And though it's been... bumpy, somehow in situations like this, you have to believe fate intervened. Aly and Lo's situation could've turned to crap for other reasons.

He walked over to me.

It was as if he could see the millions of thoughts running through my head.

"you okay?" he asked, he was wobbly. I could tell. He was being extra affectionate.

"what if fate didn't want us to be together?"

I'm half as drunk as he is, yet he processed the question rather quickly.

"Then I'd tell fate to meet me in a boxing ring and knock the shit out of it. None of that bullshit matters to me, neonata, and it shouldn't matter to you either. You and I are made for each other. End of discussion." he said, and picked up his hand dismissively. Yeah, that was a damn good answer.

I smiled. We're so different. But the one thing we had in common, was that we loved each other. To death.

"last chance, giving you an out." I said, with a smile.

He looked at me with a lopsided grin. There was something different in his eyes. Far beyond lust or longing. This look seemed something like victory.

"not a fucking chance. Come here." he said, and I giggled like a teenage girl in love when he pulled me closer to him by my waist.

I looked up at him, and our eyes were scanning each other's. He brushed some hair out of my face.

"I'm taking you on a date." he breathed. He spoke so seductively I could melt in his fingers.

"when?"

"I'd take you now if you want. But tomorrow night, after we've recovered." he said, and kept his hands in my hair.

I feel like if he could, he'd always be touching my hair.

"I think I can pencil you in for a date."

He let out a soft chuckle.