On top of that, I've found that I'm no longer reading bedtime stories to just Maggie at night. I'm reading to Maggie and Cheddar because he sleeps cuddled right into her side.

It's obnoxiously cute.

Wait-

Why is it so quiet again?

"Maggie?"

No response. "Maggie?!" I wait for a second more, only to hear nothing. Quietness in this apartment is hard to come by. Why? Because silence means Maggie's doing something she knows she's not supposed to be doing.

That little brat

"Maggie, I swear to god if you opened that door!!!" Groaning, I push myself up, cold air now nipping at my once warm skin. I wrap a towel around myself and step out onto the cold bathroom tile floor. I don't care about the water that drips from my hair or body as I storm out and-

"Holy fuck!"

Harry's dark eyebrows tug down. "Don't swear."

... What?

"Yeah, Allie. You have to put money in the swear jar now." Maggie chastizes.

I'm going to throw that swear jar at Harry's perfect face if he doesn't get the hell out of my apartment.

Maggie closes the door behind Harry when he strolls in, his eyes scanning the living room that's littered with toys. I put my hands on his chest and start easing him back towards the door. "You need to go, right now-"

Harry grabs my wrist and looks down at me, his breath fanning across his lips. "Now, why would I do that? I just got here." He smiles — that cheeky bastard — and walks right past me. He nods when he acknowledges Maggie.

"What's your name, little human?" Harry makes himself a home, plopping down on my couch, and Maggie follows.

"I'm Margaret, but everyone calls me Maggie. What's your name? Also, you're really tall, and you have super long hair! Why are your nails painted black? Can I paint them pink instead? Pink is a pretty color."

He gazes at Maggie with a deeply amused smile. "Well, you're an annoying little thing, aren't you?"

"M-Maggie," I try interrupting. "why don't you go to your room-"

"Well, I'm Harry," ignoring my objection, he leans forward on the couch, his elbows resting on his knees. He-

Oh my God - he smiles at Maggie. Granted, it's a slight tug of his lips, but it's genuine and light and welcoming. He even shakes her little hand as if she's delicate and fragile — as if she were made of glass.

"You have a lovely name, Margaret."

She plays with her fingers a little nervously before, abruptly, running off. I have no idea what she's doing but, she comes back with Cheddar, holding the small kitten with the utmost care in her small arms. "T-This is Cheddar Cheese. I call him Cheddar for short, and he's my friend. Do you want to pet him?"

Harry's eyes light up, and he speaks in a delighted voice. "Well, Cheddar seems very sweet. I'd love to hold him."

Maggie can barely contain her excitement as she carefully hands Harry the kitten. Harry ends up placing Cheddar on his lap and the cat meows before calming under the soothing rubs from Harry's fingers. Cheddar even begins purring when Harry scratches a particular spot behind his ears.

"I-I-I got some umm, food if you want some."

"Oh yeah?" Harry fights back an even bigger smile as his dimples become more prominent. "I'd love that."