30

"I don't think that we should be around each other
When you're in a room, you get my eyes
You open your mouth, I'm hypnotized, woah
I can make you laugh until you cry
You know you got all my attention
You know you got all mine."

-

Tonight is going great.

The tips are outstanding, just like Jasmine predicted. I've only been on the floor for two hours, and I've already made six hundred dollars tonight, which is almost three hundred dollars more than I usually make within the first two hours of my shift. On top of that, the customers haven't been too bad. Overall, the night has been wonderful so far.

My mind was already sorting through what I could do with this money. Maybe I'll take Maggie and Julie out for dinner, or maybe we could go shopping or go to an amusement park. I want to do something special for them, especially for Julie. She's been under so much stress lately. She hasn't even told Niall that she's pregnant yet. The only thing I can do at this point is support her and her decisions.

I went with her to her first appointment, and we found out that Julie is only four weeks along, but she's already so emotional. Last night Maggie and I went to Julie's apartment to spend some time with her, and I found her swaddled up on her couch, crying while watching Lilo and Stitch. I tried not to laugh while I rubbed her back as she hiccuped and sobbed. It's kind of endearing, honestly.

I've caught up on most of my bills, so yeah, I think I'll use my tips from tonight to plan a fun day with Julie and Maggie. They deserve it.

Balancing a tray with two beers on it with one hand, I make my way towards where Candy is dancing on stage, and she's dressed in white lace and a fitted garter. She smiles at me but doesn't stop her alluring dance.

Two men are sitting before her watching her dance, and I force my customer service smile as I hand them their drinks. The two men look to be in their mid-thirties, and are they are dressed nicely in expensive tailored suits.

"How long have you been working here?" One of them asks, taking a small sip from his beer.

"Uh, just over a month."

"Oh, so you're new here?"

I nod my head, biting my lip. "Yup!" I don't mind the conversation. It's just small talk, and there doesn't seem to be an underlying motive in their eyes. "I've never seen you two down here before," I note, looking between them.

"Yeah, this is our first time here," the other man pitches in. "It's uh, unique here."

I laugh. "Yeah, it sure is. Just wait until the lights turn red."

Their eyes go wide. "Huh?"

I laugh again. "Around ten, the lights fade to a deep red, hence, the name - The Red Room," I explain. They look at each other before shrugging. They seem interested and down for whatever. Smiling, I ask, "Is there anything else I can help you two with?"

The man who first spoke to me shakes his head. "No, we're all set, hun." Then, he smiles. "Thank you."

I see Candy kneeling on stage when I pivot around. She's gazing at me with her cat eyes and a teasing smile.

I offer the same playful smile and walk over to her. "Hiii, Candy."

"Hi, Als. Keeping these guys company?"

"No," I laugh, looking at the men who are smiling at our exchange. "Just handing them their drinks." I squint at her when I notice some mischief glowing in her eyes. "What are you up to?"